Discussion Board

btsocket problem pys60 1.9.6

Hi all,
    I am a bit of a newbie and am simply trying to get print the address of my G1 phone using btsocket
    function btsocket.bt_discover...

The code I have is
    btsocket.bt_discover('00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx') where the xx are of course numbers/letters in my G1's bluetooth address.

I get, however, an error:[2,'No such file or directory']

I saw a previous post about this error when using bt_discover() without specifying the address(es) of any bluetooth devices, but the poster stated that he did not get this error when he specified an address...What am I doing wrong?

Regular Contributor

Re: btsocket problem pys60 1.9.6

Quote Originally Posted by finnsmama View Post
    Hi all,
    I am a bit of a newbie and am simply trying to get print the address of my G1 phone using btsocket
    function btsocket.bt_discover...

The code I have is
    btsocket.bt_discover('00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx') where the xx are of course numbers/letters in my G1's bluetooth address.

I get, however, an error:[2,'No such file or directory']

I saw a previous post about this error when using bt_discover() without specifying the address(es) of any bluetooth devices, but the poster stated that he did not get this error when he specified an address...What am I doing wrong?
    bt_discover([address])

Performs the Bluetooth device discovery (if the optional BT device address is not given) and the discovery of RFCOMM class services on the chosen device. Returns a pair: BT device address, dictionary of services, where Unicode service name is the key and the corresponding port is the value.

Check if it works with other devices. Also, check if G1 bluetooth is on and set to shown to all
    --NirpSis

http://sites.google.com/site/nirpsis/
    http://nirpsis.blogspot.com/

Re: btsocket problem pys60 1.9.6

I have checked the G1...the N95 finds the G1 when btsocket is called without an address.
    However when I click on it I also get the error stated in my post...(error:[2,'No such file or directory']) Even if this had worked, I need the bluetooth detection to be non interactive...I thought I might be able to accomplish this by telling btsocket.bt_discover the G1's bluetooth address...But this did not work, hence my post...

I was hoping that there was something wrong with the format of the command or address string....Again the code is e.g., btsocket.bt_discover('00:17:E8:CB:4D:97')

Does the address string need to be in unicode or something?