Discussion Board

N85 freezes after setting sip Voip

Hi:
    My N85 RM-334 NAM 20.175.201.3 freezes when I set up my Localphone SIP account via Nokia S60 VoIP Release 3.0 . I have double checked all the profile settings as far as I know but when I activate the service the phone freezes and is rendered unusable.

I managed to make one call with with a very bad connection but the phone began to freeze afterwards. After rebooting the phone was practically useless for any application. Hard reset didn't help either.

The only thing that made my phone recover was deleting the SIP profile.

Is there any setup that would help me to use SIP Voip without resorting to Fring, Nimbuzz, etc?

Thanks,

Kapital

Re: N85 freezes after setting sip Voip

Please could you provide us with the wbxml file used when compiling the LCP. VoIP should be perfect. It is on my N80 (albeit V2.xx of LCP) but I am sure v3 can be made to be work well too.

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by charlief View Post
    Please could you provide us with the wbxml file used when compiling the LCP. VoIP should be perfect. It is on my N80 (albeit V2.xx of LCP) but I am sure v3 can be made to be work well too.

Charlie
    Thanks for your reply. I configured SIP manually following the directions for a N95 setup at this page, only to get a freezed N85 afterwards.

After further research, I found this post in the forum, basically indicating that the SIP client is useless with a relatively similar phone and firmware. Could this be my problem?

Any input as to what should I correct/adapt in the configuration would be deeply appreciated.

Kapital

Delete the profile then re configure it.

if persist...... restore factory defaults on ur mobile and check conflict between more than 1 profile

I would suggest using the SIP VoIP Settings application from Nokia which allows you to import the configuration settings as an XML. It takes 2 minutes instead of keying in each parameter.

I have a tried and tested XML file for you.