Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Unhappy Jar file doesnt get overwrite on 6300...

Hi Room,
    I have two Nokia 6300 on which i used to install jar file several times.but when i install jar file on these phones, the app doesnt get overwrite as like other devices...? The application has same name and same size...
    What could be the problem.?

Thanks,
    Pritesh

Super Contributor

Re: Jar file doesnt get overwrite on 6300...

Hi,
    is the application moving directly to the gallery.However if you are trying to send the jar file again in the device and the midlet name is the same then the device must ask to replace the same.

Are you sure that the name of the midlet is the same?
    please check the version of the same,
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Hi,
    is the application moving directly to the gallery.However if you are trying to send the jar file again in the device and the midlet name is the same then the device must ask to replace the same.

Are you sure that the name of the midlet is the same?
    please check the version of the same,

Raj read my previous post...."App has same name,size,date".
    Whenever i send app to 6300 it directly get's installed in apps folder/icon of 6300 by default. And if der, already , exits app with same name the new java app doesnt overwrite old one, it is treated as new java app. So is it the problrm with all 6300 device.?

Thanks,
    Pritesh

Quote Originally Posted by priteshj2me View Post
    Hi Room,
    I have two Nokia 6300 on which i used to install jar file several times.but when i install jar file on these phones, the app doesnt get overwrite as like other devices...? The application has same name and same size...
    What could be the problem.?
    Hi,

Did you always install the jar the same way? If I remember correctly, at least on some S40 devices the app may go to different location depending on the method of installation (bluetooth -> Gallery / PC suite -> Applications).

-TongMuan

Super Contributor

Raj read my previous post...."App has same name,size,date".
    Whenever i send app to 6300 it directly get's installed in apps folder/icon of 6300 by default. And if der, already , exits app with same name the new java app doesnt overwrite old one, it is treated as new java app. So is it the problrm with all 6300 device.?

Thanks,
    Pritesh
    Dear prithesh,
    I have a very deep testing,just tested the 5 different projects demo.The same device I have handy and working like perfect,
    The name of the application (Midlet) is same.When test the demo this is asking for replacing the older one,
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Regular Contributor

Dear prithesh,
    I have a very deep testing,just tested the 5 different projects demo.The same device I have handy and working like perfect,
    The name of the application (Midlet) is same.When test the demo this is asking for replacing the older one,

Raj,
    Ok i will try formmating it...
    I tried formatting 6300 with *#7370# but it didnt work for that device....u kno any other code for formatting this device..? Actually I hv long range of devices like N70,N72,N82,E61,nokia 6681,Sony w810i,k550i for testing. App overwrite on this devices but not on 6300.
    plz tell me...

Thanks,
    Pritesh

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by TongMuan View Post
    Hi,

Did you always install the jar the same way? If I remember correctly, at least on some S40 devices the app may go to different location depending on the method of installation (bluetooth -> Gallery / PC suite -> Applications).

-TongMuan

Hi TongMuan,
    I use bluetooth to port application on 6300 and the aplication directly get installed in Apps folder/Icon on that device. If i send image/VDO file then it goes to gallery of the device.
    Do i need to format the device once....I dont have other code apart frm *#7370# and it doesnt wrked on 6300.

Thnaks,
    Pritesh

Super Contributor

Hi TongMuan,
    I use bluetooth to port application on 6300 and the aplication directly get installed in Apps folder/Icon on that device. If i send image/VDO file then it goes to gallery of the device.
    Do i need to format the device once....I dont have other code apart frm *#7370# and it doesnt wrked on 6300.

Thnaks,
    Pritesh
    Hi Pritesh,
    Again you are miss matching the location of the application,in my case this is going to the gallery,and no the application,I guess this is the issue with the handset.Yeah formatting the same can help you,
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Regular Contributor

Hi Pritesh,
    Again you are miss matching the location of the application,in my case this is going to the gallery,and no the application,I guess this is the issue with the handset.Yeah formatting the same can help you,
    Hi Raj,
    I have two 6300 devices and when i send java app to those using bluetooth, the application gets received in App Folder itself, without any manual intervention? How come?
    (Apps)the name of the folder itself idicates that the folder is for third party application.

Anyways if u kno formatting code for 6300 plz tell me....

Thanks,
    Pritesh