Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Question Google Maps Api problem

HI All,

I am building app that is very similar to google maps fro mobile, but I am stuck in some problem when I send data to server through Url it gives me a static image in PNG format with various map marks that I send while posting url request.

Now what I want at this point is that when I move my pointer to these markers I want popup with some information Like latitude, longitude, and some additonal info that I want,etc as we get in google maps but since the return of request is image that also in png I am unable to know where map markers are placed in image unfortunately how much I know google does not provide result in svgt format so is there some workaround to slve this problem

Thanks,
    Saurabh

Super Contributor

Re: Google Maps Api problem

Hey Saurabh, these marks you are talking about will be at positions that you must have sent in URL. So you should be knowing the coordinates where it will be shown in image google send. So you can display your pop up when user select that specific area. see its like in place of u drawing the image google is doing that for you and you need to map ur mark data to ur mark location data.
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...oogle_Maps_API
    check the url there u will find logi to convert location to coordinate on image and vice versa.
    au revoir
    Prakash Raman

Super Contributor

First of all thanks for your reply but the problem is I am getting Image with markers for eg

http://maps.google.com/staticmap?markers=" + lat + "," + lng + "&format=png32&zoom=8"+ "&size=" + width + "x" + height + "&key=" + apiKey

this will give a image with a marker at given lat and longitude but how come I know where is that point in image I am using Canvas to show image and a graphical crosshair to navigate over the image so when I am on my marker I dont know programmatically that I am on my marker

Thanks,
    Saurabh

Super Contributor

please help me I am totally stuck due to this problem

Super Contributor

well it's pretty difficult because you don't know which "area" is shown, as in if you had the coordinates of the corners of the providedImage you could establish yourself where those positions are... but afaik the google static maps api doenst provide that kind of information...

Super Contributor

Lightbulb Re: Google Maps Api problem

yes you are right so I am now planning to build on dynamic maps rather than static one but till now haven't received a good place to start with

Regular Contributor

hi ingsaurabh,

how u have used graphical crosshair in ur code to navigate inside image? If u have sample code for graphical crosshair please share it.I also want to navigate through the image.

Thanks and regards.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by rohanwaugh View Post
    hi ingsaurabh,

how u have used graphical crosshair in ur code to navigate inside image? If u have sample code for graphical crosshair please share it.I also want to navigate through the image.

Thanks and regards.
    Actually I have dropped that plan and regarding crosshair its not a big deal if you specify your requirement it will be of more help for me to solve your problem
    Regards,
    Saurabh