Discussion Board

Product Roadmap for WRT?

Is there a product roadmap available for WRT - if not, can Nokia provide one? All of a sudden, I noticed a jump from WRT 1.1 to WRT 7.1 and that too with a change log that looks strange to say the least.

http://tr.im/WRTVersion

I looked around on the forum, but no mention of this. For a moment I thought it was a typo (because the Web Development library's had a 1.7 version number). Seriously, this lack of visibility, flux in feature-set/API and the rather scary software-device compatibility issues in Nokia-Symbian land - is a huge threat to the Nokia business ecosystem.

Rajeev

Re: Product Roadmap for WRT?

I believe 7.1 is the version number for the *browser*, not the WRT version. The current stable WRT is still v1.1, with 2.0 in beta, I believe.

Re: Product Roadmap for WRT?

Having said that, I do agree though that there isn't enough visibility on the road ahead for WRT. I grumbled previously about Platform Services being only available with 1.1, which was only supported by S60 5th ed, even as Nokia still churns our 3rd Ed FP2 devices. Now they've extended 1.1 support for 3EdFP2, but only for 'selected devices', with no firm commitment on which ones. This leaves developers very uncertain...