Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question What Priority To Use , while capturing long key press for "CallEndKey"?

Hi all,

1. In my application , I am capturing long key press event for Call end key and Number keys
    iHandle1 =iWg.CaptureKey(aKeyCode,0,0);
    iHandle2 =
    iWg.CaptureLongKey(TTimeIntervalMicroSeconds32(10000000),aKeyCode,aKeyCode,0,0,aPriority,ELongCaptureRepeatEvents);
    2. Consider a use case :
    While doing long key press for CallEndKey (Red Key / No Key) , 10 sec ,suppose there is an incoming call
    alert :
    Case 1: Suppose I keep on pressing call end key , for completing 10 sec , I got a error message like "CaptureKey Application is already in use " and the application leaves .
    Case 2 : If release the call end key and respond to incoming call (either receive / silent / end call anything ) , nothing wrong happens with capture key application.

3. Instead call end key , if I use any other number key eg. 5 , then there is no problem for key press
    even if for any coming call. Log key press is detected and processed with next task smoothly.

4. Conclusion : there is problem with only "CallEndKey"
    Because Call end key needed by high priority task of "Incoming call" !!!
    Probably because of that my capture key application not able to caught long key press event.
    So what priority I can use , so that my application pause when there is incoming call,
    I don't want it to leave / stop if incoming call is there....It's ok if it doesn't capture call
    end key at that time.
    Please help if anybody has any idea ....
    Thanks and Regards,
    Kranti

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: What Priority To Use , while capturing long key press for "CallEndKey"?

why would you need to capture the CallEndKey in the first place, I'm rather sure that if you want to prevent users disconnecting a call that is most likely something that the user don't want, and thus I'm missing the point of the application..

Regular Contributor

Question Re: What Priority To Use , while capturing long key press for "CallEndKey"?

Hi symbianyucca ,

Thanks for a quick reply.

1. First I would like to clarify that, I don't want to prevent users disconnecting an incoming call or making use "Call End Key" for any other high priority task.

2. Along with some other devices , I am using "5800 XPressMusic" device to check my Capture key application.

3. For this particular device ,I choose CallEndKey to capture (for long key press ), instead "Call Key (Green Key)" or "Menu Key ". Because these two keys has some predefine task to activate on long key press, and I don't want to disturb it.

4. I just want my application to pause for the particular event of "Incoming call" , So the higher priority task i.e Incoming call , will not force my application to stop/close or leave.

5. Is there any way , so can prevent my application from running and pause it, when any higher priority task comes, which needs "CallEndKey" ???
    Thanks and Regards,
    Kranti

No real way on pauing, anyway, you could monitor the call line and disable capturing when the call status is nor Idle..

Regular Contributor

Hi symbianyucca,

Thanks for the reply.

I just want to confirm that ,Is it possible to monitor the call line with public API ? . If yes can you give me any clue about which API's to use?
    Thanks and Regards,
    Kranti

Regular Contributor

Hi symbianyucca,

I just came across this post ,

in which u mentioned that,
    Anyway, you could always monitor incoming calls with CTelephony as well, and also use CTelephony for making normal voice calls.
    I will follow it ,and thanks again!!
    Thanks and Regards,
    Kranti

have a look into CTelephony API documentation, also do check what examples wiki already has for it.