Discussion Board

Question How to add a new provider to the share online application programmatically?

Hello,

The Share Online is an application on Symbian OS devices that allows the user to create web feeds.

There are several versions of this application: Some versions (the newer ones) have a fixed set of Internet communities (referred to as providers - such as ovi, flickr, vox), and some (the older ones) have an interface to add any community (server) that follows the ATOM protocol.

First question: Is there a way to create a new provider programmatically?

Second question: When the Share Online application attempts to update services (that is the available providers) - where does it retrieve it from? From Nokia or from the local telecom operator?

Thanks,
    Kobi Toueg

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to add a new provider to the share online application programmatically?

I think that you select a wrong place. Try to post your query at Nokia Beta Labs forum (Share Online authors) - http://betalabs.nokia.com/forum

Smile Re: How to add a new provider to the share online application programmatically?

Hello,

Thanks A.M.M., I placed a post there as well - but I think the forum you mentioned is more targeted to advanced users, not developers. Perhaps I was not clear regarding my questions - I'll rephrase...

Just like one can add a new mailbox programmatically, an access point programmatically and even a new type of messages (new MTM). I hope there is code in some form that adds a new provider in the share online automatically - the only requirement is to add a name, icon and a link to the website that contains the feeds.

Do you know whether the API exists and whether it is exposed and in what SDK?

Thanks and regards,
    Kobi Toueg

Super Contributor

Re: How to add a new provider to the share online application programmatically?

I recently spoke to one of the Nokia guys about this issue and you will need to raise and support and partnering request to see if it is possible.
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]