Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

StringLoader::LoadLC in console application

can i use this instruction in console application. i am getting leave code -5. please help

Code:
    StringLoader::LoadLC
    ---
    Regards
    Lokesh Kumar S.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: StringLoader::LoadLC in console application

Read the SDK documentation carefully ( http://library.forum.nokia.com/topic...6f%61%64%22%20 ):
    String Loader API provides an interface to load and format resource strings that may contain parameter(s) (%U for text or or %N for numerical). Resource strings are usually defined in an RSS file.

The API consists of the StringLoader class. All methods are static, so there is no need to explicitly allocate memory for the interface class. The implementation needs a CCoeEnv instance to access for example the resource files.

Usage:

Applications load and format resource strings from normal resources with static methods of the StringLoader class. The loading is done with the LoadL and LoadLC methods and with the Load method in situations where memory allocation from the heap is not possible. Formatting is done automatically after loading in the LoadL and LoadLC methods, but it can also be done separately with the Format method in situations where memory allocation from the heap is not possible. For reading the resource strings with the Load, LoadL and LoadLC methods, the user should provide a pointer to CCoeEnv for efficiency reasons. If the pointer is not provided, the implementation uses the CCoeEnv::Static method internally to get it.
    If you want to use CCoeEnv in console application then you need to construct it first.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by A.A.M. View Post
    Read the SDK documentation carefully ( http://library.forum.nokia.com/topic...6f%61%64%22%20 ):

If you want to use CCoeEnv in console application then you need to construct it first.
    in my previous application i used StringLoader::LoadLC without CCoeEnv however the application type is UIAPP and it worked fine . R you telling if you want to use it in console application then use CCoeEnv ?
    ---
    Regards
    Lokesh Kumar S.

in my previous application i used StringLoader::LoadLC without CCoeEnv however the application type is UIAPP and it worked fine .
    With the UI application CONE environment is provided by the framework.

Regular Contributor

how can i construct CCoeEnv in console application. because i cannot use CEikonEnv::Static() right?
    ---
    Regards
    Lokesh Kumar S.

Check this link for getting example - http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...n_exe_programs