Discussion Board

Problem with sending variables to a php-script

Hi,

i´m writing a midlet, that sends highscore-data from the phone to a my-SQL Server.
    For example, ive written a php-script which inserts a record into the SQL-database if i type (in my Browser):

http://localhost/Quizphone/write_highscore.php?Points=1456&Name=Foo&Email=mail@foo.com

that works fine from the browser, all the variables are added correctly. Now i´ve tried this code in my midlet:
    Code:
    HttpConnection conn=null;
    String Url="http://localhost/Quizphone/write_highscore.php?Points=1456&Name=Foo&Email=mail@foo.com"
    System.out.println(Url);
          try{
          conn = (HttpConnection)Connector.open(Url);
          }
          catch (IOException e) 
          {
           System.err.println("The internet-connection could not be established.")
           }
    But nothing happens (no compiler errors, but even no Insert in the database). What is wrong? Please help!

thanks
    elwoodini

You test on mobile phone or nokia emulator?

Regard,
    Abdun

Super Contributor
    The call to connector.open doesn't actually start the connection. Your connection is in the "setup" stage, where you can set request headers and what not.
    You need to invoke one of the methods that put the connection into the "connected" stage, like conn.getResponseCode(), and only then will the actual connection be made.

shmoove

Many many thanks!!

Many, many thanks to shmoove!!! Now it works phantastic!!

peace
    elwoodini