Discussion Board

Question How to develop a RDA like PC software

Hi.

I want to develop a PC software. It will have an interface just like the emulator. But all the operation will send to the real mobile phone connected to this PC. And all the contents displayed in the mobile phone screen will be displayed in my PC software interface. I can use this software to install application, run the application and see the result just like use a real mobile phone. It had better support video playing.

I know that RDA service provide all the function I need. But our mobile phone application have to connect to operator's network. And they do not support any kind of roaming. So if I use RDA the mobile phone located in Finland can't access our server side.

So I need to develop a PC software just as RDA. How can I accomplish this? The PC connectivity API can provide application install and file transfer. But it does not support screen capture and send key press/pointer event to my application. So experts please tell me:
    Is it possible to develop such an application?
    If possible how to do this!

Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to develop a RDA like PC software

definetely not easy task, anyway, you could contact Digia and see whether they can assist you, though I would suppose it would be free..

Re: How to develop a RDA like PC software

Quote Originally Posted by yant View Post
    Hi.

I want to develop a PC software. It will have an interface just like the emulator. But all the operation will send to the real mobile phone connected to this PC. And all the contents displayed in the mobile phone screen will be displayed in my PC software interface. I can use this software to install application, run the application and see the result just like use a real mobile phone. It had better support video playing.

I know that RDA service provide all the function I need. But our mobile phone application have to connect to operator's network. And they do not support any kind of roaming. So if I use RDA the mobile phone located in Finland can't access our server side.

So I need to develop a PC software just as RDA. How can I accomplish this? The PC connectivity API can provide application install and file transfer. But it does not support screen capture and send key press/pointer event to my application. So experts please tell me:
    Is it possible to develop such an application?
    If possible how to do this!

Thanks in advance.

Is it that you are unable to test with roaming SIM card you want to build RDA kind of application for your test purpose. It would be better to use real device for your test purpose rather than developing an interface.

Anyways, I think to develop such an application you might need access to some private api's. Might even require some hardware tweaks.