Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question anyone use Nokia N95 for camera frame rendering on full screen?

Hi,

i have found that someone on this forum had implemented that capturing every frame as texture image maps to phone's screen. But i also found that in functin viewfinderframeready , we can get bitmap objects of capturing frame. My problem is that if format of this bitmap is RGB24(RGB32) or YUV (some other formats)?Because i need to get every bitmap to generate texture image by using glTexImage functin in OpenGL ES.Any help with that will be appericated(if someone has done it).

Thanks a lot.

Mia

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: anyone use Nokia N95 for camera frame rendering on full screen?

It is RGB, CFbsBitmap does not support YUV formats (check TDisplayMode).

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    It is RGB, CFbsBitmap does not support YUV formats (check TDisplayMode).
    Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

i use Nokia n95 8G. I got every frame from function ViewFinderFrameReady. i want to check the size of frame. So i used following codes:
    Code:
    void CCameraCaptureEngine::ViewFinderFrameReady(CFbsBitmap& aFrame)
        { int iwidth=aFrame.SizeInPixels.iWidth;
          int iheight=aFrame.SizeInPixels.iHeight;

//some other routines

}
    To my surprise, iwidth is only 266 and iheight is only 200. I think it is not right. Anything i miss? i use the same code on Nokia 6120c, the size of frame is 264*198 which is more or less than 266*200. It puzzled me for long time. Could anyone give me some tips? So what's my error?
    Looking forward to fast replying.
    Thanks.

It can easily happen, nobody said that you would get the same resolutions on different devices.
    Also note that StartViewFinderBitmapsL already tells you what to expect. And in addition device orientation also matters.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    It can easily happen, nobody said that you would get the same resolutions on different devices.
    Also note that StartViewFinderBitmapsL already tells you what to expect. And in addition device orientation also matters.
    u didn't get my points. What i mean is that Nokia N95 has better performance than 6120c, i think, so i expect that the frame size got from n95 is larger than 6120c. But in fact, they are more or less. So i guess what i make wrong?

In you opionion ,is this correct on getting more or less same size frame on different phones especially on between high performance and a little low one?

It is just a decision, it may have something to do with the camera hardware (they are obviously different because of the resolution, and even the aspect ratio differs too), but it is hard to find out for us - both devices are capable of recording full-screen (320*240) video at 15 FPS, and the view finder is not much faster than that.

Generally the phone needs to be in landscape mode to get a full screen viewfinder. In portrait mode you only get a viewfinder of approximately the same aspect ratio but limited by the width of the screen. This has come up on this forum many times before. Have a search.

Mark