Discussion Board

Lightbulb Help- Need to automate media player testing

I have to automate the media player testing for S60. e.g. if I run the test I should be able to see the test progress like play, pause, stop in emulator.Any idea or tool??Plz help me regarding this.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Help- Need to automate media player testing

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer Discussion Boards.

Can you explain your problem more detailed?
    If I understand you correctly then try to use Media Player Engine API (3rd MR, FP1)/Media Player Utility API (3rd FP2, 5th ed) from SDK API plug-ins package for your SDK version.

Quote Originally Posted by A.A.M. View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer Discussion Boards.

Can you explain your problem more detailed?
    If I understand you correctly then try to use Media Player Engine API (3rd MR, FP1)/Media Player Utility API (3rd FP2, 5th ed) from SDK API plug-ins package for your SDK version.
    Hi AAM. Thanx for the reply..Req is like below--

I want to write a test application that test a video editor's UI part like if I execute the test for PLAY it should invoke the emulator->video editor and click on the play button, it should start playing and PLAY button should be disabled..So All these UI simulation (Invoking emulator, clicking on video editor icon, clicking on play button) a tester can see. and all the transitions of the UI in this test..Can we do it from TEF (Test Execution framework) or perl???
    Last edited by neovivek; 2009-07-31 at 10:50. Reason: edit

I think that would be easier record a screencast.

I think that would be easier record a screencast.
    Sorry ..I dint not understand..Can u plz describe

You can record screencast if you need show how to do something (for example, see link).

May be you are looking for tools such as vncRobot(http://www.vncrobot.com/) and mVnc(http://www.m-shell.net/products/mvnc.aspx) but unfortunatly mVnc is for device only not for emulator.

Hope that helps,
    VJ

You can record screencast if you need show how to do something (for example, see link).
    Actually I dont want to record rather I want that emulator should display all the steps one by one when I run the test (Supose PLAY)..It should automatically do all the steps required to play a file and display in emulator.

In this case I think that this thread might be helpful - http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=174448

Quote Originally Posted by vaibhavjain View Post
    May be you are looking for tools such as vncRobot(http://www.vncrobot.com/) and mVnc(http://www.m-shell.net/products/mvnc.aspx) but unfortunatly mVnc is for device only not for emulator.

Hope that helps,
    VJ
    Hi Viabhav,
    I dont want to control the application from PC running on handset. I want that when I run my test script it should display(Simulate) all the steps needed to play a file in emulator and it should actually play the file ( emulator invoking to video editor invoking, like in emulator it should invoke the video editor then click on play. I mean testing of the PLAY functionality and every step (UI part) should be visible to tester.

Ok but if only emulator is in question then you can simply use vnc robot (no need to use mVnc). It will connect your pc and you can simulate necessary key strokes/mouse events to invoke your application on emulator.Vnc robot will also allow your to compare a reference screen shot to the current screen shot so that you can know whether you application is behaving properly or not. Please note that vncrobo allows you to record your interations in a script and replay them later.

Only downside will be that you may have to perform this testing from a remote pc.