×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17

    Smile N82 not showing Cell Id

    Guys,
    I am trying to display Cell Id on my N82 using the following code.
    import location
    print location.gsm_location()

    But N82 is not showing the Cell Id. It is showing 'None'

    The same code works fine for other mobiles (i have tried with 6681)
    Please help me solving this.

    Thanks in advance,
    Cyan!

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Hi,

    On S60 3rd Edition and later you have to sign your script shell (or application's sis file, if that's what you're using) with the ReadDeviceData, ReadUserData and Location capabilities.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    Hi,

    On S60 3rd Edition and later you have to sign your script shell (or application's sis file, if that's what you're using) with the ReadDeviceData, ReadUserData and Location capabilities.
    Hi,

    I did not really look at the new 1.9.x versions, and I have questions regarding this.
    Before (1.4) the scriptshell had to be signed. It was easy. Now it is packaged in one single application, is it possible to sign the package ? in this case, rights have to be modified and package unsigned, isn't it ?

    Else, is it possible to package an application with the new tools (I don't know how it works, hadn't the time to look at this for now), sign it via Symbian Signed OpenSigned Online and run it directly ? without signing the PyS60 interpreter ?

    In the case of mt.jijo, the easiest solution is to package a simple script with the required modules.
    If you want a console, or bluetooth console, I think that packaging the script taken from the PyS60 sources may work, isn't it ?


    Thanks


    Christophe
    Christophe Berger

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Before (1.4) the scriptshell had to be signed. It was easy. Now it is packaged in one single application, is it possible to sign the package ? in this case, rights have to be modified and package unsigned, isn't it ?
    hello bergerc

    If i got your question correctly, then let me tell you that the scriptshell is yet not packaged in a single installable file, we need to install that separately, apart from the currently various versions of scriptshell are available like one with high caps, normal caps.

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Else, is it possible to package an application with the new tools (I don't know how it works, hadn't the time to look at this for now), sign it via Symbian Signed OpenSigned Online and run it directly ? without signing the PyS60 interpreter ?
    you never needed to sign the interpreter itself and yes it is possible to package the application with the new tools and get it signed at the symbian signed. Moreover the new application packager will also detect the required additional modules through the module repository folder and will add that to the final sis.


    hope this clears some of your doubt.

    Regards
    Gaba88

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hello bergerc

    If i got your question correctly, then let me tell you that the scriptshell is yet not packaged in a single installable file, we need to install that separately, apart from the currently various versions of scriptshell are available like one with high caps, normal caps.
    In fact I did not the Python Script Shell on the download page for 1.9.6, so I was wondering.
    (https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=2732)

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    you never needed to sign the interpreter itself and yes it is possible to package the application with the new tools and get it signed at the symbian signed. Moreover the new application packager will also detect the required additional modules through the module repository folder and will add that to the final sis.
    Signature of the interpreter was needed a long time ago, for versions near 1.4.1.
    In fact I use very often the console, or bluetooth console to launch a wlan scan or gsm_location(). That's why I wonder if it's possible with this new 1.9.6 version as provided or if it needs some actions to grant the rights or build an application that provides a standalone bluetooth console.

    The original question has the same goal I think.

    Thanks


    Christophe
    Christophe Berger

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    In fact I did not the Python Script Shell on the download page for 1.9.6, so I was wondering.
    (https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_...elease_id=2732)
    you will get the scriptshell in the Python dependencies folder once you install the PyS60 1.9.6.exe.

    regards
    Gaba88

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    you will get the scriptshell in the Python dependencies folder once you install the PyS60 1.9.6.exe.

    regards
    Gaba88
    Hi,

    Thanks, I didn't know that now it was required to install something on a computer in order to install Python on the phone. That's not a good way of distributing PyS60 (I think).

    Somebody know why development team has done something so complicated ? before it was so easy, just download 2 sis files, install them and run your program...


    Christophe
    Christophe Berger

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know that now it was required to install something on a computer in order to install Python on the phone. That's not a good way of distributing PyS60 (I think).
    You can also find the SIS files in PythonForS60_1.9.6.tar.gz. That way you don't have to install anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Somebody know why development team has done something so complicated ? before it was so easy, just download 2 sis files, install them and run your program...
    This is just a guess: in the documentation there is a "getting started" guide which also gives you the necessary files to install based on your device. So they had to make sure you download the files along with the documentation.

  9. #9
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,777

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    I guess they did it because there were other dependencies too.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: N82 not showing Cell Id

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    I guess they did it because there were other dependencies too.
    Maybe...

    In fact I tried to download the tar.gz file for 1.9.7, unpacked and used

    PyS60Dependencies file :
    Python_1.9.7.sis and installed as is.

    PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_unsigned_devcert.sis and signed it through OpenSigned Online (free)

    This last file won't install, it tells me it cannot install a protected application coming from an untrusted source...

    Somebody can help me ?


    Thanks
    Christophe Berger

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: Installation of PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_unsigned_devcert.sis

    Same with XM5800 (Software Version: 21.0.025), installation of "PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_unsigned_devcert.sis" terminates with
    "Unable to install protected application from an untrusted source"

    "PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_high_capas.sis" covers my test requirements for the moment.


    Regards

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    78

    Re: Installation of PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_unsigned_devcert.sis

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmate View Post
    Same with XM5800 (Software Version: 21.0.025), installation of "PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_unsigned_devcert.sis" terminates with
    "Unable to install protected application from an untrusted source"

    "PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_high_capas.sis" covers my test requirements for the moment.


    Regards
    Hi,

    There is a new version online of the Python ScriptShell and it works fine. Thanks to the person who did correct
    I did make it work \o/


    So now extended_gsm_location and wlan scan are running under PyS60 1.9.7, thanks to the86hitman.



    Regards,
    Christophe Berger

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7

    Re: Installation of PythonScriptShell_1.9.7_unsigned_devcert.sis

    Quote Originally Posted by bergerc View Post
    Hi,

    There is a new version online of the Python ScriptShell and it works fine. Thanks to the person who did correct
    I did make it work \o/

    So now extended_gsm_location and wlan scan are running under PyS60 1.9.7, thanks to the86hitman.
    Thanks, bergerc.

    This mentioned online version works fine.


    Regards

Similar Threads

  1. cell id in j2me for nokia n82
    By rabeehkm in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2009-08-05, 09:24
  2. cell id in nokia N82 using python
    By rabeehkm in forum Symbian
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2009-05-19, 11:26
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2008-10-14, 00:00
  4. N82 Problem of synchronization with PC Suite
    By Telemann in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-08-06, 13:48
  5. Need help Yucca!! on Grid cell formatting
    By xxyyzz in forum Symbian User Interface
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-11-17, 06:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •