Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GCCE build

GCCE build

Hello,

I followed the instructions on the document to build my project for real devices. However, I couldn't find the option "Phone Debug(GCCE)" or "Phone Release(GCCE)" in the build configurations of Carbide C++. The only option is for ARMV5, but I couldn't successfully build the project with ARMV5 as well. Did I miss anything when installing Qt for S60? Thank you.

haining

Regular Contributor

Re: GCCE build

It sounds like you have not installed the Qt Libraries in the SDK. This was necessary for the second last version of Qt (Garden). However, with Temple you should only have to run the installer and everything should be set up.

You have to buy the ARMV5-compiler, it does not come with the SDK, to this approach cannot work.

Can you compile other projects fine? Because the S60 SDK asks you wether you want to install the CSL ARM toolchain. You have to do this in order to get gcce.

Can you build your project on the command line?

Actually, I am using "tower". I downloaded the binary package, and just executed the file to install the SDK. And I am sure CSL ARM toolchain was installed. Should I do something more in order to get the GCCE complier?

I can see the GCCE compile option in a Symbian C++ project, but not in the Qt project. This is really weird.

Can you give me some hints for compiling the project on command line? I tried to compile the project in my project directory with the command "make release-gcce". But it didn't worked at all.

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    yes, make release-gcce should do it. What is the error message? Remember to use the Qt command prompt from the start menu. Also you have to include the bin-directory of the Qt installation to PATH and execute that bat-file from the start menu somewhere in the nokia stuff to add some more environment variables.

Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    Hi,
    yes, make release-gcce should do it. What is the error message? Remember to use the Qt command prompt from the start menu. Also you have to include the bin-directory of the Qt installation to PATH and execute that bat-file from the start menu somewhere in the nokia stuff to add some more environment variables.
    Do you mean I need to start the Qt command from the start menu, and then change the directory to my project folder and then just type "make release-gcce" under my project folder?

Regular Contributor

Yes, that is exactly what I am suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by hainingwu View Post
    Do you mean I need to start the Qt command from the start menu, and then change the directory to my project folder and then just type "make release-gcce" under my project folder?
    I got the same error:

ABLD ERROR: "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" not yet created

I got the same error:

ABLD ERROR: "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" not yet created
    After I manually set the environment variable EPOCROOT to my Symbian SDK path, the error above disappeared and it seemed like doing something. But still it's not like a successful compilation. I only found a .exe file under "C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\release\gcce\urel". I have no idea where the .sis file should be. The compiling message is:

Code:
    ABLD.BAT build gcce urel
      make -r  -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\wo
    rkspace\MobileCaddy\EXPORT.make" EXPORT VERBOSE=-s
    make[1]: Entering directory `C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/MobileCaddy'
    Nothing to do
    make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/MobileCaddy'
    rkspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    make -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy -f "MAKEFILE_0XEAC342AD.MK" T
    O_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\B
    UILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy\MAKEFILE_0XEAC342AD\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..
    \..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy PLATFORM=GCCE MAKMAKE
    perl -S makmake.pl  -D \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC3
    42AD GCCE
            perl -S ecopyfile.pl "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Sym
    bian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD\GCCE\MobileCaddy.rsg"
    "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\include\MobileCaddy.rsg"
    rkspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" LIBRARY VERBOSE=-s
    make -s  -C \Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy -f "MAKEFILE_0XEAC342AD.MK" T
    O_ROOT=..\..\..\.. EPOCBLD=..\..\..\..\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\B
    UILD\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy\MAKEFILE_0XEAC342AD\GCCE TO_BLDINF=..
    \..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy PLATFORM=GCCE LIB
    make -s  -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\w
    orkspace\MobileCaddy\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD\GCCE\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD.GCCE" LI
    BRARY
    rkspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" RESOURCE CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    \..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL RESOURCE
    make -s  -r -f "\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\EPOC32\BUILD\Symbian\Carbide\w
    orkspace\MobileCaddy\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD\GCCE\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD.GCCE" RE
    SOURCEUREL
    rkspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" TARGET CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    \..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL BLD
    orkspace\MobileCaddy\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD\GCCE\MOBILECADDY_0XEAC342AD.GCCE" UR
    EL
    rkspace\MobileCaddy\GCCE.make" FINAL CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    \..\..\..\Symbian\Carbide\workspace\MobileCaddy PLATFORM=GCCE CFG=UREL FINAL

Super Contributor

I followed the instructions on the document to build my project for real devices. However, I couldn't find the option "Phone Debug(GCCE)" or "Phone Release(GCCE)" in the build configurations of Carbide C++. The only option is for ARMV5, but I couldn't successfully build the project with ARMV5 as well. Did I miss anything when installing Qt for S60?
    Me and my friends also noticed that problem. However after unchecking "Filter build configuration option" (You get this option during creating new project)we get option of building application for Phone Release(GCCE). Check if this is the case for u also.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by savaj View Post
    Me and my friends also noticed that problem. However after unchecking "Filter build configuration option" (You get this option during creating new project)we get option of building application for Phone Release(GCCE). Check if this is the case for u also.

Yes!! It worked on my machine! Thanks!!!

Ok, thanks all you guys, finally I created the .sis file and installed the application on my E65. Then when I execute the program, there's a message saying something like "The function is not supported." (Sorry, I have to translate the message from Chinese. ) I have installed everything necessary for running Qt for S60 on real devices, but I couldn't run the demo as well. I doubt that E65 support Qt for S60?

haining

Regular Contributor

Do you have both the temple-Qt-libs installed on your device as well as openc beta?

Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    Do you have both the temple-Qt-libs installed on your device as well as openc beta?
    I installed the following files on my device:

openc_ssl_s60_1_5_5b.sis
    pips_s60_1_5_5b.sis
    stdcpp_s60_1_5_5b.sis
    qt_libs.sis

I am not sure what version of qt_libs.sis is. I assume this is the latest "tower" one.

Regular Contributor

See http://pepper.troll.no/s60prereleases/patches/

Looks like there are 2 openc-packages: OpenC and OpenC++

Super Contributor

I doubt that E65 support Qt for S60?
    Yes, E65 supports Qt S60. However E65 is S60 SDK 3rd Edition FP1 device, it require special updates, which is available here. Check point 3 and 4 on that page.