Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

IMPORTANT: Device boards are not officially moderated.

The Forum Nokia discussion boards are used by developers to ask and answer techincal questions related to developing applications for Nokia Devices.

Often times device specific qustions are asked. It is ok to ask these questions in here, however, for a quicker response you should try and ask your question in the approriate technology forum. Example, if you have a question about Java midlets, ask it in the Java board. Even if you question is about a midlet on a specific device like a 7210. The technology boards, like Java, are moderated by Nokia experts.

That being said, let the discussion begin!

Cheers

maybe this not the right place for my enterests

Please advice me :
    where i can discuss about best softwares for nokia and share programs with others
    is there any site that you suggest

http://www.mobiledia.com/ has a lot of manufacturer discussion boards, also one for Nokia.

Super Contributor
    though its an open forum..it would be nice if nokia could appoint some moderators to filter out posts based on the contents and fiter the junk posts and repeat posting so that the forum doesnt clog..!!
    also it would do well to appreciate people who reply regularly to the posts..there could be an incentive to have people replying..coz lots of issues go un-noticed..
    nokia any comments..!!

I definitely agree to what you said. If there is some admistrator to regulate the posts, then it would be more efficient for all users.

By the way, that's the reason I am not a frequent user of this forum. Indeed, I am interested in how you guys think about this forum.

1) Indeed, are you guys frequent user of this forum? Will you browse it even you don't have a question?

2) How do you like or dislike about this forum?

3) DO you think this forum is really useful for you? How many (like, in percentage) replies you got are helpful to you to slove the questions?

Thanks a lot. I am wondering how other users think.

Nokia Developer Expert

Technical/Product Manager, Developer Community Services

Open position to manage these boards, and to make sure what has been requested by developers (also in this thread) also takes place
    http://careers.nokia.com/nokia/hr/re...nt&Lang=Global

Nokia Developer Expert
    The above position has now been filled and the person will start beginning of February. The recruitment took quite a while as the first selected person eventually withdraw at the very last minute (due to competing very generous counter offer from the person's current employer), and therefore the position was re-opened. Sometimes the value of the employee is unfortunately realized (and rewarded accordingly), only once they are leaving. But it was hopefully worth waiting as we eventually got even better person.

So from February onwards there will be a full time person to manage and moderate the developer discussion boards. The focus is naturally rather on the real MIDP, Symbian C++ etc. technical discussion. Not on generic discussion and usage of Nokia devices/phones. Note that for generic Nokia device usage and support there has been recently opened separate discussion board by Nokia http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/

Also it has been raised whether "there could be some incentive to have people replying..coz lots of issues go un-noticed..". For that check the Nokia Recognizes Loyalty program at http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,800,00.html

Jarkko / FN