Discussion Board

About Screen crash

Hi,
    My application autoruns after installation. After the application launches for the first time, application crashes when clicked on About with KERN EXEC 3. This happens with only the first run and that too only on E71. It seemz to work fine on other devices. The code that I've used to show the About screen is the standard code which comes in the HelloWorld program.

Totally baffled.

Regards.

Re: About Screen crash

u can check this by debugging either put logs in some file or by using trk.................

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    Check if there were some hardcoded ressource files in your code that maybe were not installed in the device.
    If your key press open that files, it cause crash

Super Contributor

Also you might want to wait for some time before lunching your application as in some slow devices the service might take some time to start.

Also just comment out the about dialog code and put some log there instead. Run it like this and check if the application crashes. If it still crashes there could be something which you have missed and its not the about dialog code.

Hi,
    First of all, guys, a minor update on my situation. If I don't autorun the app after installation, there is not problem. Nothing crashes.

Pandhari, I'm using Carbide 1.3 (not 2.0) since rest of the team is using that and we don't want version incompatibility problems. So no one is allowed to upgrade to 2.0. 1.3 has reverted back to Express Edition, so I don't have the luxury of on device debugging.
    Assayag, I think that might not be the case coz, it runs perfectly fine on subsequent runs.
    Skumar, with the recent update in my situation, I think you have a point. But I'm still confused as to how to proceed from here on.
    kamalakshan, I tried commenting a lot of portions of my code. When the dialog showing code is commented, there is not problem (except dialog not being shown).

I've been stuck on this whole day and after a lot of trying I think I've over-run some mem somewhere. But, what I can't figure out is why does it not crash when not autorun?

Plz guys, get me out of this soup... I'm tearing my hair out on this one.

Have you tried increasing you stack size in mmp?

Regular Contributor

Q: If there are hardcoded resource files which might not be present, please explain how its not big enough on the first run, but it is on subsequent runs?

Q: So if the stack size isn't big enough, please explain how its not big enough on the first run, but it is on subsequent runs?

I know you are just trying to be helpful, but read the posting and use your brains otherwise its pointless.