Discussion Board

PLEASE ANSWER: How to compile j2me with NDS?

Hello Community,
    can anybody PLEASE tell me, what to do, to compile correct *.class files out of *.java sources for Nokia j2me environment?

I have downloaded the Series 40 SDK for Linux from Nokia. If i compile manually the the included sources (e.g. HelloWorldMIDlet),
    # javac -classpath <path>/classes.zip *.java

javac compiler says everything is fine, and i get nice class files. Unfortunately those files don't work in the emulator AND the size of the files i compile is much smaller than the class files that come with the examples from the Nokia JDK and which should be derived from the same source code, but something is wrong.

So what do i need to do, to get working classes:

<?command?> src/example/foobar.java -> classes/example/foobar.class

Please help me about this question

Many many thanks
    (c8 Andreas

Regular Contributor
    Integrate NDS with JBuilder (and MobileSet) or Sun One Studio and use these to compile the code. Using these IDEs is the most efficient approach. Instructions can be found on how to integrate NDS with the IDEs in the NDS User Guide.

[N]/Forum Nokia

I would like to use the tools from the commandline too!

I really prefer the commandline, Makefile and emacs as "IDE".

I don't think the above answer really answered our questions: how to use the simulator from the command line using Linux.

Ridiculous

this is ridiculous, I've had the same problem, how do I go about compiling it thru the command line?