Discussion Board

Nokia 3530 Data Cable and Software

I have just purchased a Nokia 3530 from a Vodafone store in Dunedin New Zealand.

It's a great phone and I like all the features, but am wondering where I can locate a data cable and the software so that I can back up my address book etc and upload ring tones etc (if that's possible).

If there is anyone with information on how I can connect my 3530 to my PC that would be greatly appreciated.

I will order the cable and software from overseas if need be.

Cheers,
    Brendan McNeill
    bjmcneill@paradise.net.nz

Data Cable

Hello form up top.
    I ordered the DLR-3P cable form Nokia. It works with a serial port, no USB. Also Nokia PC Suite might not work with Win XP.
    Good Luck

Hi Andrewlreiter.

Thanks for your reply to my post, much appreciated. To cover all my bases I emailed Nokia Support and asked them if the Nokia 3530 can be connected to a PC so that back up's of my Phone Book can be made. I received a reply saying:

"Please be advised that the Nokia 3530 is has no data capabilities and Nokia has not designed any data cable for phones in the 3000 series. Any inconvenience caused is much regretted.

For further enquiries please feel free to contact our Careline at 0800 665 421 from 8 am to 8 pm EST."

I also phoned the number mentioned above and talked to a Sharon at the Nokia help line. She informed me that the Nokia 3530 has not been designed with an internal modem and therefore they do not supply a data cable for it. The DLR-3P you mention is designed for another phone, the 6310 I think she said.

How ever, I found on the Internet, a site called eXpansys UK which does supply a data cable for the 3530. The link is:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=MA-7660

She said that these cables are generic and may cause damage to the phone. I don't think so however.

Can you tell me if you've had any problems with your phone and what OS you use and software?

Cheers in advance,
    Brendan McNeill
    bjmcneill@paradise.net.nz