Discussion Board

Cms Error 500,301

Hi,

I've developed an application which basicaly sends and receives short messages, using Nokia 30 and AT commands.

Incomming messages are stored in memory, and the application checks every now and then, checks for new messages in memory (using the +CMGL command).

The problem is that sometimes, especially when there are a lot of incomming messages, the CMGS (send message) command returns a +CMS ERROR:500 or +CMS ERROR:301.

Also sometimes, error 500, completely locks the modem. When this happens, further CMGS command returns the same CMS ERROR 500. The only way to unlock the modem is to switch it off and on again.

Can you please provide me with some info regarding these errors, any if possible, any solution?

Thanks a lot.

Hello

I dont know if this will help you any,

but if you use the command AT+CNMI=1,2,2,1,0 then all of the incoming messages are instantly routed to the RS232 port as soon as they come in. You may be able to set your program up easier if they come straight in?.

Hope that helps

Mark

Thanks Mark, for your reply,

but unfortunatly I can't use, AT+CNMI=1,2,2,1,0, (direct incomming messages to TE), since I have to buffer messages in memory, in case the application is switched off.

thanks anyway

Regular Contributor
    Hi,

The CMS error 301 corresponds the situation where
    the SMS service of the phone is reserved.

It might be so that the SMS interface is reserved by some
    other application.

CMS error 500 corresponds the situation where has happend
    an unknown error.

So unfortunately the error situation is unknown.

You can also use at+cnmi command to route the incoming SMS
    messages directly to terminal equipment, when the terminal equipment is active.

Regards,

Nokia M2M developer support team