Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

KERN-EXEC 0 on exit

Hi

I get a KERN-EXEC 0 panic when I try to exit my application on the end button using User::Exit() from my AppUi::HandleWsEventL(). If I handle a menu command and run User::Exit() from the view everything works fine. Does anyone know what this could be? I've set breakpoints in all the destructors and they don't even get called before the panic.

//T

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: KERN-EXEC 0 on exit

Quote Originally Posted by ojve View Post
    I get a KERN-EXEC 0 panic when I try to exit my application on the end button using User::Exit() from my AppUi::HandleWsEventL(). If I handle a menu command and run User::Exit() from the view everything works fine. Does anyone know what this could be?
    Do not use User::Exit. Otherwise yes, it is hard to find out, especially because HandleCommandL is likely invoked by HandleWsEventL. You may try invoking HandleWsEventL of the parent class, then User::Exit.
    I've set breakpoints in all the destructors and they don't even get called before the panic.
    This comment clearly shows that you have no idea about what User::Exit does. An other reason for not using it. Note that AppUi::Exit and User::Exit are two different things.

Regular Contributor

Ok, thank you.

It turned out I didn't even capture the key in my AppUi, but now I managed to do it and I don't get the panic anymore.

Why shouldn't I use User::Exit()? What the difference between User::Exit(), AppUi::Exit() and AppUi::RunAppShutter()? Checked the docs, but they don't really exlpain that well...

//T

Nokia Developer Moderator

User::Exit shuts down the thread (and most likely the process) immediately. It is the same as RThread::Exit. So the thread ceases to exist at once, the typical "all unsaved data is going to be lost" situation.