Discussion Board

Nokia 3650 + MMC Passwords

Hi All, I wonder if someone can help me, I've seen a few instances, including my own phone. Where users impliment passwords for the external MMC memory card for the Nokia 3650, but when they come to use the memory card it says it's locked, and would the user like ot unlock the card. If they say yes, it asks them for the password they entered, when they enter it, it says invalid password and asks them to retry. Also if an application has the memory card set as the default storage space, and error keeps flashing up saying "passwords do not match" and the only way to get out of it is to turn the phone off and back on.
    Does anyone know if a)this is a software but b) if this is an MMC bug 3) this is a bad batch of phones and most importantly d) how to remove the password? according to the manual the password is kept on the phone not on the MMC.

Hope someone can help me

Thanks

Mr Yates

Hi,

you can't remove the password on other 3650,
    the only way to removed the password is put it back to the 3650 which set the password and disable it.

Hope it can help.

Fred

Re: Nokia 2630 + MMC Passwords

password
    username

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia 2630 + MMC Passwords

Hi Sunny, Welcome to the Forum Nokia Discussion Board. Anyway, we would appreciate if you wouldn't pop up really old posts with unrelated comments.