Discussion Board

QFile::seek: IODevice is not open

Hi,
    I install an application in n810. The installed directory is /usr/bin. I also copy a folder in /usr/bin because the application needs some data from files in the folder. When I start the application in X Terminal, the hint "QFile::seek: IODevice is not open" is showed. I don't what is wrong with it and could someone help me, please, thanks in advance.

Regular Contributor

Re: QFile::seek: IODevice is not open

1) This is not related to S60
    2) Never ever store userdata in /usr/bin
    3) The "hint" very clearly states that the io device was not opened before doing anything with it. There is plenty of example in the Qt docs. You just have to copy & paste. But I guess your file is just not fount and therefore the io device cannot be opened. I further guess that you plan to open a file in the "current" directory but you start your application from another directory and therefore the file is not found.

Quote Originally Posted by axeljaeger View Post
    1) This is not related to S60
    2) Never ever store userdata in /usr/bin
    3) The "hint" very clearly states that the io device was not opened before doing anything with it. There is plenty of example in the Qt docs. You just have to copy & paste. But I guess your file is just not fount and therefore the io device cannot be opened. I further guess that you plan to open a file in the "current" directory but you start your application from another directory and therefore the file is not found.
    I am sorry, and I will send my problem in a more proper section. But there seems not have a section for discussing of maemo.
    In PC, the executable is in the same directory with those data files, consequently, those data files have to be placed in /usr/bin because the application is installed in /usr/bin. I can find those data files in /usr/bin after installing the application, but when I run the application the problem "QFile::seek: IODevice is not open" still appears.

Regular Contributor

If you are using Linux on your PC, you should not store userdata in the same directory as the application as well.

But how do you start your application? Do you use a relative filename? QFile("myfile.txt") does NOT mean open a file in the same directory but in the "working directory".

Edit: I have no problem if peopple post non S60-related questions here but there are places where you get a lot more attention, for example qtcentre.org or various linux forums.
    Last edited by axeljaeger; 2009-08-19 at 09:55.