Discussion Board

RDA and text input trouble

Hi,

I'm having some problems with text input on some RDA phones. Right now, I'm trying to enter uppercase letters and numbers on an E61, but it's just not working.

When pressing shift on my PC keyboard, it's ignored and lower case letters are entered. Caps lock doesn't help either. Pressing the number keys doesn't work either. Pressing key "1" results in an "r"!?

I'm using Firefox 3.5 to start the Java applet and Java 6.

I've had this problem before on many other phones via RDA. I wonder if any of you experience the same issue? Because this way, you can't test any app that needs some text input ...

Cheers
    Ole @ mobileways.de

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RDA and text input trouble

Quote Originally Posted by jan_ole View Post
    Hi,

I'm having some problems with text input on some RDA phones. Right now, I'm trying to enter uppercase letters and numbers on an E61, but it's just not working.

When pressing shift on my PC keyboard, it's ignored and lower case letters are entered. Caps lock doesn't help either. Pressing the number keys doesn't work either. Pressing key "1" results in an "r"!?

I'm using Firefox 3.5 to start the Java applet and Java 6.

I've had this problem before on many other phones via RDA. I wonder if any of you experience the same issue? Because this way, you can't test any app that needs some text input ...

Cheers
    Ole @ mobileways.de
    We did a server update yesterday attempting to fix some keyboard issues with E72 and E55. Seems like the changes might have broken the number input for E61. Will investigate in more detail.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RDA and text input trouble

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    We did a server update yesterday attempting to fix some keyboard issues with E72 and E55. Seems like the changes might have broken the number input for E61. Will investigate in more detail.
    Should work now. But you'll have to hold down the function key (F6 on PC keyboard) while entering numbers, regardless whether you are using PC keyboard or onscreen keyboard to type them in.