Discussion Board

5800 self logon to GPRS/WAP

hi i have a 5800 and it keeps connecting to the GPRS/wap service to optus prepaid and uses all my credit so i have deleted all the settings to do with wap and a week later the phone seems to reinserted the settings and spent some 13 hours login into net. when the phone was on my bed side table but this time was not in 1 complete connection by the log it connects for 2 to 3 mins sends 1k and rx nothing disconnects and waits 2 mins and reconnects and does the same, i have NO email addresses in the phone i have gone through every thing that needs a connection and they are set to ask for a connection. so any help would be a help. p.s. I have tried a factory reset and reinstalled the latest firmware upgrade for the phone. regards, tony

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: 5800 self logon to GPRS/WAP

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd2297 View Post
    hi i have a 5800 and it keeps connecting to the GPRS/wap service to optus prepaid and uses all my credit so i have deleted all the settings to do with wap and a week later the phone seems to reinserted the settings and spent some 13 hours login into net. when the phone was on my bed side table but this time was not in 1 complete connection by the log it connects for 2 to 3 mins sends 1k and rx nothing disconnects and waits 2 mins and reconnects and does the same, i have NO email addresses in the phone i have gone through every thing that needs a connection and they are set to ask for a connection. so any help would be a help. p.s. I have tried a factory reset and reinstalled the latest firmware upgrade for the phone. regards, tony
    Welcome to the Forum!!

This discussion board caters to issues faced by developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!