Discussion Board

Question PushRegistry and UID

Hi,

I read some of thread in this forum about PushRegistry and getting UID of tag in the same times. All the thread said that it's impossible to autolaunch application and get UID but I have a question.
    When I create a PushRegistry connection with this code :
    Code:
    PushRegistry.registerConnection(connection,myMidlet,filter);
    For the filter I'm not oblige to choose "*" for all but create a filter witch look like that.
    Code:
    "nfc:ndef;type=*;uid=0434E619C10280"
    My application will be launch only by the tag with '0434E619C10280' as UID. For me it's mean that the PushRegistry have to compare the UID of the tag and the UID I have specifies in the filter and to compare PushRegistry have to catch the UID of the tag.Why it's impossible to have the UID if PushRegistry have it to compare with the filter ?

Thanks

Re: PushRegistry and UID

Quote Originally Posted by loicmormont View Post
    Hi,

I read some of thread in this forum about PushRegistry and getting UID of tag in the same times. All the thread said that it's impossible to autolaunch application and get UID but I have a question.
    When I create a PushRegistry connection with this code :
    Code:
    PushRegistry.registerConnection(connection,myMidlet,filter);
    For the filter I'm not oblige to choose "*" for all but create a filter witch look like that.
    Code:
    "nfc:ndef;type=*;uid=0434E619C10280"
    My application will be launch only by the tag with '0434E619C10280' as UID. For me it's mean that the PushRegistry have to compare the UID of the tag and the UID I have specifies in the filter and to compare PushRegistry have to catch the UID of the tag.Why it's impossible to have the UID if PushRegistry have it to compare with the filter ?

Thanks
    Hi,

did you find already a solution to this problem? In general it would mean that there is no possibility to read information of the tag which pushed the app to start after start-up except removing the tag and read it a second time to call targetdetected().

I would be happy about any feedback in regards to this.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by liehmann View Post
    Hi,

did you find already a solution to this problem? In general it would mean that there is no possibility to read information of the tag which pushed the app to start after start-up except removing the tag and read it a second time to call targetdetected().

I would be happy about any feedback in regards to this.
    Richard
    The comparison is done in the basebandy layer. The UID itself is the not handed over to the midlet. The midlet itself has to "lauch" the reading mode and the get the UID. That's life.

Quote Originally Posted by geri-m View Post
    The comparison is done in the basebandy layer. The UID itself is the not handed over to the midlet. The midlet itself has to "lauch" the reading mode and the get the UID. That's life.
    Can you point us at some code to manually launch the reading mode?

I only know how to do it from targetDetected().

thanks