Discussion Board

Question Lock keypad shortcut key

Hey everyone-
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but thought I'd ask here first. Is there any way I can map a shortcut key (I have an E66) to lock the keypad? For example, on my 6126 (s40) phone, I was able to map the upper left selection key to lock the keypad, rather than having to hit the two keys in succession. There's nothing in the shortcut key list, which is kind of frustrating. Anyone know if there is a way to do this? (I'm going to check VirtualKeys and MagicKey, but I think those apps are more geared toward mapping numerical keypresses to shortcuts.)

Thanks!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Lock keypad shortcut key

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Anyway, I'm not aware of any pre-installed way on doing that, but never know the other forum might have better answers.

I actually ended up finding a solution - there's a program called KeyLock (creative, I know ;)) that locks the keypad when you run it. I installed the app and then mapped the keypress to launch that application, which then in turn locks the keypad. Found it here: http://symbianwebblog.wordpress.com/...-week-keylock/

I had to sign it before installing on my E66 b/c for some reason it wouldn't work as an unsigned app.

Which application did you use to remap that key?