Discussion Board

what is so innovative about callingallinnovators.com finalists?!?!?

in the in flash section for example ( http://www.callingallinnovators.com/...finalists.aspx )...
    I think that flash is for rich media interactive applications... that is the power of flash... not for numbers or news...

whatever... and what is so innovative for the finalists???

what was the problem with my app?
    http://work.shpe.ro/?id2=00030011

video demo here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDJPBnSv0wc

for the contest I send a full functional app (sis package no signing)
    now I'm still working on the app to add more features, demo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZSc0bvlgcc

at least you should nominate 10 finalists for better advertising the apps on nokia, and why not like apps on maps... special recognitions....

if someone could tell me the reason why my app was less innovative that all 3 apps in flash section, will be great...

my app(demo version) had over 5000 downloads and over 17000 views for the video demo in 2 about two months...

whatever, still working, and will perhaps publish on ovi.com

hope not to get a ban for this... or... whatever...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: what is so innovative about callingallinnovators.com finalists?!?!?

You should maybe check the actual areas that submissions were judged against, then you could see what the others did better. Anyway, only the judges would know their own reasoning, so I can not really say too much at all abou it.

Quality / Functionality: the application or service must be fully functional and run successfully on Nokia devices and platforms (S60 and/or Series 40).
    Uniqueness, novelty value and innovativeness: display creativity in applications, use established technology in a unique way.
    Usability / Creativity: leverage latest technologies to demonstrate superior design and ease of use (UI, graphics, etc.)
    Commercial Viability / Market Potential: ability to fulfill users' needs, customer adoption.

-first criteria is ok

-the second is maybe in the app ActiveChinese

-third: leverage latest technologies... come on, flash is not for this kind of app (again ActiveChinese is ok); flash is for mulimedia programing, lots of animations, effects... where is the APIs use? where is the power of flash for first two apps? the finance app is made in flash because is a fast simple environment... come on, the site si "calling all innovators dot com"... what the *@#$ is innovative about the finalists? ... for example nokia labs is very innovative

-the last criteria is kind of what judges want

I'am for example very disappointed, and not happy to develop any more...whatever, I'll develop my apps but not more get hi hops for this contest... and why not 10 finalists? you are scarred the people will vote other apps you picked up for the prices? it seems a logical choice... to promote more apps and the world to see what innovative nokia apps could be... whatever...

Nokia Developer Moderator

As any competition, judges have power of making decisions, and there can only be as many winners as there can. All I can really say is that I hope you'll have better success in your future competitions.

now I expect nothing for any other competition...
    I'll focus on selling the app...

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    As any competition, judges have power of making decisions, and there can only be as many winners as there can. All I can really say is that I hope you'll have better success in your future competitions.