Discussion Board

Mifare card emulation on 6212 classic

We have just received a 6212 classic for development purposes. So far we are able to write a midlet that can read the id from a Mifare card.

What we would like to do now is have the 6212 classic appear as a Mifare card to another reading device (ACR122).
    Does anything need to be done to the secure element before this will work (ie, do we need to use a midlet or other development tool to enable or configure the Mifare component of the secure element)?

Currently when I try to access the 6212 as a Mifare card, I receive 'Mifare: Authentication error' from the ACR122U tool, which indicates that we are specifying an incorrect key (using another Mifare card works fine). I have tried the following keys, as indicated in the SDK notes:

0xd3 f7 d3 f7 d3 f7
    0xff ff ff ff ff ff
    0xa0 a1 a2 a3 a4 a5

According to the Nokia unlocking midlet, it should reset both Key A and Key B to 0xff ff ff ff ff ff, However when I try to run this midlet, I get a HTTP Post failed (see this thread), however the phone was purchased from Top Tunniste as a developer model, so should have already been unlocked.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I could try next?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Mifare card emulation on 6212 classic

Quote Originally Posted by kentw View Post
    We have just received a 6212 classic for development purposes. So far we are able to write a midlet that can read the id from a Mifare card.

What we would like to do now is have the 6212 classic appear as a Mifare card to another reading device (ACR122).
    Does anything need to be done to the secure element before this will work (ie, do we need to use a midlet or other development tool to enable or configure the Mifare component of the secure element)?

Currently when I try to access the 6212 as a Mifare card, I receive 'Mifare: Authentication error' from the ACR122U tool, which indicates that we are specifying an incorrect key (using another Mifare card works fine). I have tried the following keys, as indicated in the SDK notes:

0xd3 f7 d3 f7 d3 f7
    0xff ff ff ff ff ff
    0xa0 a1 a2 a3 a4 a5

According to the Nokia unlocking midlet, it should reset both Key A and Key B to 0xff ff ff ff ff ff, However when I try to run this midlet, I get a HTTP Post failed (see this thread), however the phone was purchased from Top Tunniste as a developer model, so should have already been unlocked.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to what I could try next?
    I am not sure but you may need signing.