Discussion Board

Question Is it possible to display customed page instead of contact image upon incoming call?

Hi. As you know that we can set the image of the contact. When this person call us the handset will display the image asigned to him. But I want to display some information include image and other interactive content at the same time. I plan to create a new MIME type plugin and then set the contact image to my special MIME type file. When there has an incoming call the system get the contact image file (in fact it is my special MIME type file) and find my MIME type plugin and my MIME type plugin will start up and display such as a local HTML file.
    Is it possible for my solution?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Is it possible to display customed page instead of contact image upon incoming ca

Quote Originally Posted by yant View Post
    Is it possible to display customed page instead of contact image upon incoming call?
    Yes, it's possible. This question was discussed many times so try to use search.

Quote Originally Posted by yant View Post
    I plan to create a new MIME type plugin and then set the contact image to my special MIME type file.
    IMHO, it would be better to show your application on top of the screen and display a necessary information.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Is it possible to display customed page instead of contact image upon incoming ca

The MIME-type approach could work - however it is not sure that the phonebook application itself would allow the users to select "images" of your own type.
    An other possibility is simply overdrawing the display of the phone application, you can find discussion about something similar here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ad.php?t=99603