Discussion Board

Angry E55 Where the hell is the SIP Client???

I have a E65 and a N82. Now a friend of mine just bought a E55 and turn to me for help. This is a Brand New phone bought in the NOKIA STORE.

There are SIP settings and I manage to register the phone to the Provider (EuteliaVoip) but I can't find the integrated Nokia SIP client .

The instructions on the manual are misleading at best. There is a configuration line on the bottom of the screen that makes 3 downloads available but NONE OF THEM IS THE MISSING SIP-VOIP CLIENT . I'm not going to install some third party crap incompatible with eutelia. Also Eutelia already runs the business in the house with two symbians and a fixed phone (free calls).

Now it looks to me like it's impossible to place a internet call, that's a innovative function in 2006, in 2009 sip-voip should be the very basic for a phone of this class: Almost 300€ for a phone without a integrated Sip-Voip client is ridiculous and makes the iPhone look a more decent choice.

I'm hoping in a quick answer from some guru that points me in the right direction. Otherwise my suggestion is to send back the phone before 10 days and get a full refound and get some better/more advanced phone such as the N82 at half the price of this

Edit: Searched the net on this topic... most accuse nokia of taking functionality out of their mobiles... if this is the case next phone will be android based...
    Last edited by eiapoce; 2009-09-02 at 16:18.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: E55 Where the hell is the SIP Client???

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Re: E55 Where the hell is the SIP Client???

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/
    mmmmm no.

The correct answer is http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.sis.html

At the end there is a nokia client tought very very hard to find. And you have to register to download.