Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

display image on full Screen

Hello, My application need to display image on full screen. Now i will have to make image size according to phone or if the image size is more then it will adjust automatically.

Super Contributor

Re: display image on full Screen

well thats the whole problem with the device fragmentation...
    some solutions (like J2MEPolish) actually create JAR files for every specific device (and thus screen-resolution) all containing different-sized Images...
    I have seen several algorithms with which it is possible to "adjust" and image to the screen rsolution but all are obviously "destructive" in terms of sharpness and overall quality of the original Image... Als you will have to take into account that the screen/resolution ratio's might be different, thus strechting an Image (in width or length) thus resulting in a deformed Image !!! Also the memory-usage whilst adjusting might be very high (according to the resolution obviously) !
    So most probably it will take a lot of work but if you want to go for quality you will have to create Images for every specific screen-resolution !

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger79 View Post
    well thats the whole problem with the device fragmentation...
    some solutions (like J2MEPolish) actually create JAR files for every specific device (and thus screen-resolution) all containing different-sized Images...
    I have seen several algorithms with which it is possible to "adjust" and image to the screen rsolution but all are obviously "destructive" in terms of sharpness and overall quality of the original Image... Als you will have to take into account that the screen/resolution ratio's might be different, thus strechting an Image (in width or length) thus resulting in a deformed Image !!! Also the memory-usage whilst adjusting might be very high (according to the resolution obviously) !
    So most probably it will take a lot of work but if you want to go for quality you will have to create Images for every specific screen-resolution !
    Thanks for your reply. Suppose if we use J2ME polish then will it do compromise with quality ? and will it adjust image automatically ?

Super Contributor

well in J2ME Polish you will supply different Images (sizes) for the different screen sizes, then according to the devices.xml file of J2ME Polish it will select the needed Image according to screen size during build process ,after which a JAR file for every screen size/model/brand/whatever you select will be available...
    You will have to describe it though in yor code by using the pre-processor syntax.... But the best thing is if you have a look at the documentation of j2mepolish, specifically :
    http://www.j2mepolish.org/cms/leftse...rocessing.html

Nokia Developer Champion

well in J2ME Polish you will supply different Images (sizes) for the different screen sizes, then according to the devices.xml file of J2ME Polish it will select the needed Image according to screen size during build process ,after which a JAR file for every screen size/model/brand/whatever you select will be available...
    You will have to describe it though in yor code by using the pre-processor syntax.... But the best thing is if you have a look at the documentation of j2mepolish, specifically :
    http://www.j2mepolish.org/cms/leftse...rocessing.html
    Thanks. Can you tell me how can i use the algorithms and the algorithms name to adjust picture images ? what can be better way according to you ?

Super Contributor

well you could have a look in the zoom in/zoom out algorithms which are on this forum...
    after all thats what you would be trying to do :P

Nokia Developer Champion

well you could have a look in the zoom in/zoom out algorithms which are on this forum...
    after all thats what you would be trying to do :P
    can you give me link of it ?

Super Contributor

Nokia Developer Champion

Hello,

Thanks for your continuous help. I am so thankful to you.

Super Contributor

np mate,
    and I don't want to argue with a Nokia Champion but I found that same post within 30 seconds with the Search Forums button, so that might be a valid point to start off with next time