×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    123

    how to turn off GPRS

    Hi.
    To connect to internet i use class that extends CBase, MHTTPTransactionCallback, MHTTPAuthenticationCallback and MProgressDialogCallback. I send data every 5 minuts. How should I turn off GPRS after send data to save battery?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bombay, India
    Posts
    42

    Cool Re: how to turn off GPRS

    Quote Originally Posted by samosnokia View Post
    Hi.
    To connect to internet i use class that extends CBase, MHTTPTransactionCallback, MHTTPAuthenticationCallback and MProgressDialogCallback. I send data every 5 minuts. How should I turn off GPRS after send data to save battery?
    I will hazard a guess that you are using the HTTPClientExample code,
    if thats the case u just kill iEngine
    - You master descriptors, you rule the world

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Noida,India
    Posts
    4,086

    Re: how to turn off GPRS

    you can do that using RConnectionMonitor API

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bombay, India
    Posts
    42

    Re: how to turn off GPRS

    Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    you can do that using RConnectionMonitor API
    That wud be the 'propah' way eh? Wats the gist of usign RConnectionMonitor
    - You master descriptors, you rule the world

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: how to turn off GPRS

    Quote Originally Posted by carlyle View Post
    That wud be the 'propah' way eh? Wats the gist of usign RConnectionMonitor
    You should only use the languages supported in this forum, in this part the language should be english, which I suppose your post is close resambling, but it is not actually very understandable.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bombay, India
    Posts
    42

    Re: how to turn off GPRS

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You should only use the languages supported in this forum, in this part the language should be english, which I suppose your post is close resambling, but it is not actually very understandable.
    Symbianyucca ( who btw is one of the reasons why my symbian queries in google get linked here ) , that is english. Which part of my post are you questioning ?
    - You master descriptors, you rule the world

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,165

    Re: how to turn off GPRS

    Words like: wud, propah, eh, Wats. gist also appears to be french word: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gist

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bombay, India
    Posts
    42

    Wink Re: how to turn off GPRS

    Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    Words like: wud, propah, eh, Wats. gist also appears to be french word: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gist
    Ok. yea wud, eh, wats, were more of timesavers than slang intentioned.
    But,


    Your mistaken, gist, is a proper english word, ref to the above sources. Its etymology indicates anglo-french lineage, but ultimately its origin is from Latin.
    I wouldnt argue with your SymbianC++ code but english.. its otherwise.
    - You master descriptors, you rule the world

Similar Threads

  1. GPRS Support in Nokia PC Suite Connectivity API 3.0.
    By sspiffusa in forum PC Suite API and PC Connectivity SDK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-11-02, 18:16
  2. Streaming EDGE clip in GPRS coverage
    By zivs in forum Streaming and Video
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-08-22, 17:22
  3. Using GPRS functionality with D211
    By sourabhs in forum Multimodecards
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2003-04-07, 10:29
  4. http connection / gprs
    By DaneelGiskard in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2002-06-16, 08:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×