Discussion Board

Lightbulb Audio routing to earpiece

Hello friends,

I have added the APS APIs for buildong my application. Have done as per said in http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/APS
    But still my audio has been routing into the loudspeaker. What else I need to do?
    I am doing it in s60 SDK MR with my pjproject 1.0 version. I also need to know that since I am building my application
    for GCCE phone release but the libraries for APS have been added in ARMV5 folder. Do I need to build in ARMV5 only to make APS support in use.
    Thanks..

Unhappy Re: Audio routing to earpiece

Where and How should I use the code for APS. ( probably symbian_sound_aps.cpp ) to alter between loudspeaker and earpiece. Also how can I check in the phone that the application is able to use the APS since using APS lib I cannot make a emulator build for the application.
    Anybody help please..........
    Thanks..

Super Contributor

Re: Audio routing to earpiece

Quote Originally Posted by enigma_007 View Post
    Hello friends,

I have added the APS APIs for buildong my application. Have done as per said in http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/APS
    But still my audio has been routing into the loudspeaker. What else I need to do?
    I am doing it in s60 SDK MR with my pjproject 1.0 version. I also need to know that since I am building my application
    What you tried to route to earpiece ?
    for GCCE phone release but the libraries for APS have been added in ARMV5 folder. Do I need to build in ARMV5 only to make APS support in use.
    no you donot need.

I want to route voice to the earpiece when making a voip call. Is happens automatically by adding the APS capability. Or do I need to write codes for routing the voice. But at present I am unaware whether I have been successful to use tha build the application with APS capabilities. Can you please give me a way to check it.
    Thanks..

Nokia Developer Moderator

If you check the GCCE folder of your SDK, you will see that it is almost empty, it contains files from your projects only.
    GCCE build takes libraries from the ARMV5 folder
    - epoc32\release\armv5\lib\*.lib files are libraries for RVCT
    - epoc32\release\armv5\lib\*.dso files are libraries for GCCE.

Post Re: Audio routing to earpiece

Can you please help me out why then I am not able to route the voice to earpiece. I have done exactly as asked to do in
    http://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/APS
    I am using N95 phone. What else I need to do?
    Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by enigma_007 View Post
    Can you please help me out why then I am not able to route the voice to earpiece. I have done exactly as asked
    Just to make sure: does that 'exactly' include MultimediaDD capability?
    Note that the APS API comes with an example, you can try bringing that to life first.
    Also note the existence of Audio Routing API and VoIP Audio Service API. You can check those too.

Cool Re: Audio routing to earpiece

I have added MultimediaDD as CAPABILITY in my mmp files. But how can I know exactly that application is using it. Let me check with the example for once...
    Thanks..

When using API-s which are not available in the emulator, in the first round it is advisable to accept what the documentation says (at least it says something in this particular case). Then - if the code works - you can try experimenting with the 'what happens if'-stuffs (like what happens if MultimediaDD is removed).

Nokia Developer Champion

you can go for CallAudioControl API for routing audio to earpeice

Question Re: Audio routing to earpiece

I have signed my application with open signed offline option. i.e. I have made an dev cert for signing. It should now enable the application to use MultimediaDD . But it is still not working. My application is working fine but the sound is automatically routed to loudspeaker after trying lot of things.
    I would like to know if I can test this with some alerts whether d application is using APS code or not.??
    Anyone please guide me to solve the problem who has made any voip application using APS support.
    Thanks..

Question Re: Audio routing to earpiece

I have been able to partner my application with the APS installed in the phone. I have build the
    application for the device using APSSession.lib and MultimediaDD capability. But now when I try to make call the application closes. Same happens when getting an incoming call. Can anyone help me out of this problem so that I can successfully make call using APS ?
    Thanks..