Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Red face How to get chipID after launching Midlet using push registry?

Hi Everyone!
    Please give me some instruction for my problem! My problem is I am writing one J2ME program for Nokia 6212. At that program, I use push registry to launch my midlet when the user taps the registered tag to phone. I have done successfully, my midlet launch successfullly. But the user need to log in to my application using the tag to use it. So, the user need to tag second time to log in. I want to reduce that step. I mean after user tapping the card to launch the application, I want that card number to check in the user table. That way, I can reduce the tapping time. Therefore, Please give me some information or some instruction or some advice! How can I get chipID(card ID) after launching Midlet using push registry?

Now, the user need to tap two times to use my application. One for launching my midlet and another for t logging in my application. It frustrates the user to use. So, how can I get cardID after launching Midlet using push registry?

Please kindly help me! Please give me some instruction!
    Thank you,
    sweetsweet24

Re: How to get chipID after launching Midlet using push registry?

Hi,

I've had the same problem and correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be impossible. And correct me again if I'm wrong but this is because of the device and how the contactless api has been implemented in it? For example contactless communication API documentation (Class DiscoveryManager) has graphical flow chart from which at least I get the impression that targetDetected should be called when starting the MIDlet by touching a tag but it seems that at least Nokia 6212 won't do this.

Any comments on this?
    Last edited by Haapakanni; 2009-09-14 at 09:19.

Re: How to get chipID after launching Midlet using push registry?

Quote Originally Posted by Haapakanni View Post
    Hi,

I've had the same problem and correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to be impossible. And correct me again if I'm wrong but this is because of the device and how the contactless api has been implemented in it? For example contactless communication API documentation (Class DiscoveryManager) has graphical flow chart from which at least I get the impression that targetDetected should be called when starting the MIDlet by touching a tag but it seems that at least Nokia 6212 won't do this.

Any comments on this?
    right, it doesn't work.

best, geri-m