Discussion Board

Nokia e63 voip problem , pls help

Hi Guys

I got Nokia e63 and have successfully configured local VOIP number but it works when I use the " mobile internet" or " my service provider internet " as my default access point not my home wireless connection.

When I set my home wireless connection as default access point inside sip settings then I can make calls but cannot receive , I thought my netgear router or firewall causing problem , i configured e71 ( my friend's fone) and it work both ways without any problem.

when i change the access point to other than home wireless , no issues on e63 , incoming and outgoing work like a charm.

any known issues ? please advise bcoz its consumin my mobile internet

many thanks

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia e63 voip problem , pls help

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Developer discussion board, as this DiBo concentrates on development related issues, you might find more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Hi, we are having almost the same problem with an E63 with the updated os version 200.21.012 of 18.06.2009. But in our case, there is no way of receiving calls when the internet phone is using the 3G conection.

When the internet phone service is used to originate calls it keeps receiving for around 15 minutes and then stops listening at all.

I thing that it's a BUG at the telephone internet application of E63 phone. I can tel you that because we tested the same on N95-2 and E71 and worked gracefully.

Let's hope if someone can give us a clue to finish this instability.

Regards, Ricardo.

hm, not sure about the 3g part, but i had a problem w/ my n85 where i wouldn't get incoming calls after a certain duration. it turns out my udp port timeout was very short, and the keep alives wasn't keeping the connection open. so i port forwarded from my sip server to my phone, and it works fine now.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I would suggest asking these kind of questions in: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/ as was suggested earlier.