Discussion Board

6310 and 3com BT

I seem to be having the same frustrations as everyone else with this bloody phone. I can connect to the phone through 3com BT Connection Manager, but it will not let me use the Nokia PCSync as i don't have the true Nokia BT Card.

I can connect to the phone through my Ipaq and use the dial up to connect to the net etc.

I'll be buggered if i'm buying the nokia card as BT is supposed to be an open platform.

Surely Nokia people there must be a fix for this or word will spread and with the up and coming technology from Eriksson and Sony their phones are looking more and more superior

RE: 6310 and 3com BT

I can only support you in your comment to this -f- phone.

I bought several Bluetooth devices and none works !!!!! with this phone. Brands like Palm, Toshiba, 3Com, Compaq have no chance to connect to this phone. Nokia answers simplified that they give no support to third party devices. Is this an Open Standard?

If somebody looks good to this discussiongroups you can see that this isn't true. Nokia gives only support to parties they work together.

This is very bad and the consumer falls in the trap of wrong predicted connectivity of NOKIA-BLUETOOTH technology.

Maybe we have to look for an answer at the official BT platform. What do you suggest?

Harold van Ingen

Nokia Developer Moderator

Nokia 6310 is a Bluetooth v1.1 complient device. It supports following Bluetooth profiles:
    Generic Access Profile,
    Service Discovery Application Profile,
    Generic Object Exchange Profile,
    Dial-Up Networking Profile,
    FAX Profile,
    Serial Port Profile,
    Object Push Profile,
    Handsfree Profile
    Headset Profile

You can also use other manufacturers' Bluetooth v1.1 complient PC cards with the Nokia 6310 to use DUN and FAX services.

In order to use the services of the Nokia PC Suite you have to have a Nokia Connectivity Card DTL-4 (or some other PC card that uses Bluetooth Software Suite from Digianswer).

-Seppo
    Forum Nokia

With you all the way. The experience everyone else has had with other BT devices shows that connectivity bewtween them is no problem. Nokia keep sticking to their guns that Digianswer is some kind of standard but we all know it's not true.

The fact that they refuse to admit there is an issue implies they plan to do nothing about it.

Next time I upgrade my phone I'll have little faith in the nokia website and will look alot closer at ericsson.