Discussion Board

I want to know more about MagicBlueHack

Hi,
    I have downloaded .jar of BT-F(MagicBlueHack)software.By using that software I can see mobile phonebook,Inbox etc.of other mobile.In short we can read Inbox of other mobile.Then how it is possible to read default Inbox of mobile.Bcoz as per I know we cant read mobile Inbox using J2ME.

Thanx Megha

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I want to know more about MagicBlueHack

WE don't really support any Hacking activities in here, so if you need more information on it, you should go finding it from somewhere else.

Super Contributor

I think he/she is not interested in hacking but the core concept is how that app has access to inbox its really a deep thought and issue must be discussed for developers here for future help
    Regards,
    Saurabh

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    WE don't really support any Hacking activities in here, so if you need more information on it, you should go finding it from somewhere else.
    I don't want to know any Hacking activities.My question is about Reading Inbox.I just put a example of MagicBlueHack software.Bcoz that software reads mobile Inbox.

Thanx,
    Megha

Super Contributor

"Magic Blue Hack" does not really hack anything at all. It establishes a Bluetooth connection to another device, which the user of the other device must accept. Many devices allow connected Bluetooth devices (such as car-kits) to access their phone book or inbox, to provide hands-free operation. MBH simply uses the appropriate protocols. So, no magic, and no hack. Just blue.

This is not really a back-door to access your devices inbox from a Java application. I doubt you can establish a Bluetooth connection to your own device.

Graham.

Super Contributor

I think this is just AT command over BT, actually it is not hack but just feature of BT, you can't do anything is you don't accept the BT connection

Quote Originally Posted by ingsaurabh View Post
    I think he/she is not interested in hacking but the core concept is how that app has access to inbox its really a deep thought and issue must be discussed for developers here for future help
    Thanx Saurabh,

Your guess is very perfect.I am not interested in hacking.Can you help me to solve my problem.

Megha.

Super Contributor

if I have to build BT hack from where should I start sorry I dont know even I have only 1 month exp in j2me
    Regards,
    Saurabh

Super Contributor

There is no "bluetooth hack".

From a Java point of view, if you want to communicate with another device by Bluetooth, start by reading about JSR 82 (Bluetooth API). Google will help you find some examples.

Beyond that, you'll need to know about Bluetooth protocols. There is a Bluetooth Technology area on the Forum.

Graham.

Super Contributor

thanks graham but can U tell me what is AT command any link will be helpful I googled down it found nothing related to j2me

Sorry I might be hacking someone else thread
    Regards,
    Saurabh

Super Contributor

AT commands are not related to J2ME. They are a protocol used when communicating between a pc and a modem (or a mobile phone). They are used through cable, IR or BT connections. They're called "AT commands" because they always start with "AT". "AT" is for "attention". They're also known as the "Hayes protocol", because they originate from the modem manufacturer Hayes.

For example:

Code:
    AT DT +1234567890
    is the command to dial (D for dial) a phone number, and initiate a data connection.

Mobile phones often also have AT commands for accessing other features, such as sending text messages, reading the inbox, phone book, etc.

Graham.