Discussion Board

Need help compiling - Urgent!!!

Hi all,
    I have a very urgent problem and I have no idea how to solve. My program is able to compile with no errors using "abld build wins udeb" which is building for the emulator. However I need to transfer the program to my mobile phone and I need to compile for the ARMI or THUMB. I tried both "abld build armi urel" and "abld build thumb urel" and I keep having this error:

ERROR: Dll 'Test[101F402B].APP' has initialised data.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'petran' : return code '0xfffffffe'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin\n
    make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.

What does this error mean???? I have initialised data??? Please help - very urgent. Thank you.

------------------------
    I just realised that building for ARMI gave me a "uninitialised data" error and building for THUMB gave me a "initialised data" error. Please help!!!
    Last edited by tianlye; 2003-03-28 at 23:01.

Super Contributor
    Hi,

I am wondering that you defined some global variables in your program. Normally, it is not allowed to define all those global variables in Symbina ROM build since all those code finally will be in ROM place, and it is not supposed to be changed.

However, you may have a successful build for WINS. That reason is that all the Windows programs are run from RAM (it can be changed).

Liuxg

FN developer support

Regular Contributor
    Please read the SDK help for more information and follow the instructions to avoid this compiler message:

» Symbian OS v6.1 Edition for C++ » Developer's Guide » Essential Idioms » Static data

or

Crystal Version 6.0 Edition for C++ » Developer's Guide to Crystal » Essential Idioms » Static data

Best Regards,
    (V) - Forum Nokia Developer Support