Discussion Board

Need Info Regarding Orientation

I need to get orientation of camera application when camera application is open. Basically i want to show a CAknListQueryDialog from a background ui application which is continuously running in background to bring in foreground when some media is captured from background. Currently i am able to show the dialog when some media is captured from background but not able to display dialog in the correct orientation. Note: camera orientation is different from device orientation i.e camera may support landscape and portrait mode but device only supports portrait mode than if media is captured from outward camera then camera application is in landscape mode but device is in portrait mode so i need to to the dialog from my application in landscape mode if camera application is in landscape else show in portrait mode. Is their any api available to find out the orientation of camera application so that i could display the prompt according to that orientation or an api to find out orientation of any other application from my application when any other application is in foreground and my application is in background or an api to find out the camera being currently used by camera application or find out view being used through which we can find out the orientation or any other simple method.
    Thanks

Re: Need Info Regarding Orientation

Note: i am using n73 and n80 device which has the front camera in landscape mode but the device itself is in portrait mode. I am able to display prompt in landscape mode in these devices but the problem is that these devices also have another inward camera which is in portrait mode i need to detect when to display prompt in landscape and when to display in portrait depending upon the orientation of camera application or the front or back camera used to capture image. Note i have tried to reserve both the cameras together but the CCamera api returns KErrInUse when any of the camera is being used so at a time both the camera cannot be reserved as well as we cannot identify which camera is reserved by camera application. Note however i have used an another application which is able to show prompt correctly on the basis of orientation of camera application so this shows their is some way to do it.
    Thanks