Discussion Board

Defect to take snap using native camera

Hi all,

Please help me out.
    I am getting an issue but unable to find out its solution.

I am watching a video on my mobile phone N96 and open the CAM pressing right side button continue, Camera gets opened and i am able to take a snap.
    Same functionality i am doing while i am playing a video from my java application. I play a video through my application, while video is running , i open CAM pressing right side button. Camera gets opened. When i click to capture a snap, camera captures a snap but this is not that picture,which was shown by camera while capturing. It captures my video snap which was running on my application.

Please suggest me, is this property of Nokia mobile phone's camera or any defect on that.

Thanks,
    Ashutosh

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Defect to take snap using native camera

Quote Originally Posted by ashuglaitm View Post
    Hi all,

Please help me out.
    I am getting an issue but unable to find out its solution.

I am watching a video on my mobile phone N96 and open the CAM pressing right side button continue, Camera gets opened and i am able to take a snap.
    Same functionality i am doing while i am playing a video from my java application. I play a video through my application, while video is running , i open CAM pressing right side button. Camera gets opened. When i click to capture a snap, camera captures a snap but this is not that picture,which was shown by camera while capturing. It captures my video snap which was running on my application.

Please suggest me, is this property of Nokia mobile phone's camera or any defect on that.

Thanks,
    Ashutosh
    Hi dude,
    but this is not that picture,which was shown by camera while capturing. It captures my video snap which was running on my application.
    About the above quoted lines,i Would say is that since the video is getting played using the camera only.Hence when you will try to take a snap,it should be of the video that is being played.This does not seems to me surpriing what you are facing,rather this is ligically correct.

I would sugegst you one thing is that you must try on the other devices like the Sony,Moto or samsumg..I am more than sure that you gonna see the same things...
    Please update us too on the R&D if you did.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,