×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    732

    where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    Hi,
    I am writing application in which i am writing file below is the code
    RFile file ;
    RFs fsSession ;
    fsSession.Connect() ;
    TBuf8<100> data;
    TInt err=file.Open(fsSession,_L("C:\\myfile.txt"),EFileWrite) ;
    if (err==KErrNotFound) // file does not exist - create it
    err=file.Create(fsSession,_L("C:\\myfile.txt"),EFileWrite) ;
    data.Copy(_L("abcwpuhgehhj")) ;
    file.Write(data);
    file.Close() ;

    when i run this code in emulator then code is working fine and myfile.txt created and i can see in path

    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\winscw\c\myfile.txt

    I want to know what happens if i install this code to N-96 mobile ..i am not able to know whether my application is running or not ?
    where will it create myfile.txt in device ?

    Thanks & Regards

    Amit

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Noida,India
    Posts
    4,011

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    ofcourse it will create file at the defined path, but as don't have direct access to see the c drive in your phone, so you won't be able to see it, until you install some application which allows you to see various drives on your device & their content.you can try making file for e.g. at c:\\data\\filename.txt, which is the path of file manager.

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    732

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    can i see file after creating file like this ...

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    732

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    How to run console based aplication on mobile.
    My console application works fine on emulator but dont run on device after installing ..

    I click but nothing happens

    Regards
    Amit

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    Quote Originally Posted by amit.mangal View Post
    How to run console based aplication on mobile.
    My console application works fine on emulator but dont run on device after installing ..

    I click but nothing happens

    Regards
    Amit
    I have a deja-vu feeling about this question. Please post each question only once, in its on thread, and discuss it there until you get to the bottom of it.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    Quote Originally Posted by amit.mangal View Post
    can i see file after creating file like this ...
    Yes,

    you can download fExplorer from www.gosymbian.com
    Use [URL="http://qt.nokia.com/products/qt-quick/"]Qt-Quick[/URL] to make your application UI more attractive.

    [URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/271896"]http://store.ovi.com/content/271896[/URL] | [URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/276199"]http://store.ovi.com/content/276199[/URL] |[URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/276202"] http://store.ovi.com/content/276202[/URL] | [URL="http://store.ovi.com/content/280827"]http://store.ovi.com/content/280827[/URL]

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,009

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    Quote Originally Posted by amit.mangal View Post
    Hi,
    I am writing application in which i am writing file below is the code
    RFile file ;
    RFs fsSession ;
    fsSession.Connect() ;
    TBuf8<100> data;
    TInt err=file.Open(fsSession,_L("C:\\myfile.txt"),EFileWrite) ;
    if (err==KErrNotFound) // file does not exist - create it
    err=file.Create(fsSession,_L("C:\\myfile.txt"),EFileWrite) ;
    data.Copy(_L("abcwpuhgehhj")) ;
    file.Write(data);
    file.Close() ;

    when i run this code in emulator then code is working fine and myfile.txt created and i can see in path

    C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\epoc32\winscw\c\myfile.txt

    I want to know what happens if i install this code to N-96 mobile ..i am not able to know whether my application is running or not ?
    where will it create myfile.txt in device ?

    Thanks & Regards

    Amit

    You can create your file in the below defined path and then you can acces it using file manager
    C:\\data\\others\\file.txt

    you can access your flles using bluetooth and USB also if created in accessible path like C:\\data or C:\\data\\others etc
    Regards,
    Shafali

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    732

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    yes i can see file in c:\\file.txt but i can see this file.txt to when i connect my device to bluetooth or cable if i want to see in mobile directly then i dont see file.txt in my c drive.

    How can i see on mobile with connecting it to pc.


    Regards
    Amit

  9. #9
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    732

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    is auto start application do not work with self signed application ?then how can i test my app .

  10. #10
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    PC Suite and the built-in file manager only give access to C:\Data\...
    If you want your files to be accessible by the users, or if you want to access them from PC, then write them under that directory.
    Or write them on the memory card (E:\, F:\) at any unprotected location (so not under \sys or \private) and you can easily access the files from there as well.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  11. #11
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: where is the file in mobile (Write file App)

    Quote Originally Posted by amit.mangal View Post
    yes i can see file in c:\\file.txt but i can see this file.txt to when i connect my device to bluetooth or cable if i want to see in mobile directly then i dont see file.txt in my c drive.

    How can i see on mobile with connecting it to pc.


    Regards
    Amit
    Quote Originally Posted by amit.mangal View Post
    is auto start application do not work with self signed application ?then how can i test my app .
    Are you looking for accessing a file (from PC) or for starting an APP? Use Open Signed Online if you want to test autostart.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Similar Threads

  1. CMdaAudioOutputStream unexpected playback pauses on Nokia E51
    By pkolaczk in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-07-29, 15:13
  2. Regarding BMCONV
    By sanah007 in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-05-26, 12:47
  3. Mobile learning server / environment published
    By mikaset in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008-03-25, 20:50
  4. i cann't able to download 3gp file using j2me app but from mobile browser ?
    By ajuj20 in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-06-25, 11:13
  5. Mobile Podcasting - will it happen?
    By mobile monte in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-09-22, 23:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×