Discussion Board

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sales reports

Re: Sales reports

All, Below is the latest info on the Ovi Publish Reports webinar.

Register Now: Special Webinar on Tuesday, 13 October -- 7:00 & 14:00 EDT
    We want to invite you to review Ovi Publisher reports and ask us your questions. Ovi Store Publisher Support Manager, Darrell DeMakes will discuss issues around reporting as well tips on building your Ovi Store business.

Please join us Tuesday, 13 October
    EMEA/APAC Session 1: 4am San Francisco | 7am New York | 12pm London | 2pm Finland
    Register» https://admin.emea.acrobat.com/_a799...istration.html

Americas Session 2: 11am San Francisco | 2pm New York
    Register» https://admin.emea.acrobat.com/_a799...istration.html

Click here to review the Ovi Store Publisher Reports Guide on Forum Nokia.
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ing_Guide.html

(note: Forum Nokia members will need to login. Unregistered visitors will need to register to review the documentation. )

We hope you are finding reporting information useful, not only as a way of tracking content performance, but as a tool you can use to help keep your content fresh, well-priced and relevant to consumers using Ovi Store around the world.

Sincerely,
    The Ovi Publish team
    http://publish.ovi.com

Are the sales reports broken again and not updating? I checked the last couple of days since the admin interface has been up and running again and they appear to be not updating. Of course we might not have had any sales, wondering if others are seeing the same issue...

Regular Contributor

Hi zoovision.

We see the same thing here.

/Henrik Weide, Progressive Media.

Quote Originally Posted by zoovision View Post
    Are the sales reports broken again and not updating? I checked the last couple of days since the admin interface has been up and running again and they appear to be not updating. Of course we might not have had any sales, wondering if others are seeing the same issue...

Can someone from the Ovi team give us an ETA on when the reports will be updated?

Regular Contributor

Ok, I found out why we are not selling anything on the store.

All of a sudden our products are no longer available for e.g. the N97!!!!!!

We have NOT changed ANYTHING on that binary, we have gotten no FAIL message from QA, in fact we have changed NOTHING.
    But nonetheless, we recieved some redundant mails saying the binary has passed for that device and will published - it has been almost 4 months since we got that our games published for N97!!

I am sooo incredibly fed up with this. I am loosing my patience with Ovi QA - the amount of weird behaviour we as publishers have to go through with Ovi QA is staggering, wasting everybody's time and missing sales.

Why is it so difficult for QA NOT TO TEST SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY PASSED?

Oooh, and guess what? The search function still displays our games as available when searching for them - resulting in a "item no longer available". So we're almost back to square one. Let me guess, over the next weeks, our games might finally re-appear on the Store and then the search-function can no longer find them.

Last but not least a build for another device, the N78, suddenly fails even though it was passed earlier on.

What is wrong with QA?

Sorry, but can anyone really blame me for being skeptical or even just a little bit angry?

sigh...

/Henrik Weide, Progressive Media.
    Last edited by henrikweide; 2009-10-20 at 17:57.

Hello all,

Ovi Publish is aware of the issues facing Reports. We are working on a fix for Reports and apologize for the inconvenience.

henrikweide: We are aware that your content is not available in Ovi Store at the moment. The team is working to resolve this. Having English description as part of the translation will cause content items to not appear in Ovi Store. We are removing the English translation in your description.

Thank you,
    Sherwin

Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/

Regular Contributor

Hi OviSherwin.

Thank you for the quick reply and thanks for the help, that is greatly appreciated.

There is one other problem, that is quite aggrevating. We get contradicting Fails on a number of S40 5th Edition and S40 5th Edition FP1 devices. Some fail, because the binary is Signed, and others fail because the binary is NOT Signed. The documentation as far as I can see, says that S40 5th+FP1 definitely must NOT be signed.

Can you clear this up? Because right now, QA cannot seem to agree upon what is what...?

Regards,

Henrik Weide, Progressive Media.

Quote Originally Posted by OviSherwin View Post
    Hello all,

Ovi Publish is aware of the issues facing Reports. We are working on a fix for Reports and apologize for the inconvenience.

henrikweide: We are aware that your content is not available in Ovi Store at the moment. The team is working to resolve this. Having English description as part of the translation will cause content items to not appear in Ovi Store. We are removing the English translation in your description.

Thank you,
    Sherwin

Ovi Store Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi,
    Thanks for your question.

There are several rules that QA follow when testing S40 5th edition and 5th edition FP1 regarding signing. Versign'd application cannot be installed in some firmwares of S40 5th edition and 5th ed FP1. Therefore, we failed all versigned application with S40 5th ed.

Another rule our QA team follows regarding signing is that the certificate expiry date should not be within half year of the time we do the testing. Moreover, in the next release of publisher guideline in Nov, there will be a rule to publisher that publisher need to put in the end date of their certificate so the OVI store can recall/pull down the content once it expires. Without this date filled, the content will fail QA.

OVI store right now do not have any mechanism to recall content that has expired certificate before the above rule is enforced. Therefore it's every publisher's responsibility to monitor their own application. If the cert expires, please pull it down and upload a new signed version.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you,
    oviJude
    OVI Publisher Support

Regular Contributor

@OviSherwin: English translation of description will make the app unavailable in the store ?????

We got the feedback from QA when submitting our Chinese localized app (Wyrmgard龙域) that we HAD TO have English translations of display name and description. It used to be listed as published (but wasn't anywhere to find in the store) but now it says published to 0/1 channels. What are we supposed to do?

Regular Contributor

Hi oviJude.

Ok, thanks for the info.

I have a follow-up question then - Does this mean that we simply submit un-signed JAR/JAD files for all the S40 5th Ed. and S40 5th Ed. FP1 devices?

/Henrik...

Quote Originally Posted by oviJude View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for your question.

There are several rules that QA follow when testing S40 5th edition and 5th edition FP1 regarding signing. Versign'd application cannot be installed in some firmwares of S40 5th edition and 5th ed FP1. Therefore, we failed all versigned application with S40 5th ed.

Another rule our QA team follows regarding signing is that the certificate expiry date should not be within half year of the time we do the testing. Moreover, in the next release of publisher guideline in Nov, there will be a rule to publisher that publisher need to put in the end date of their certificate so the OVI store can recall/pull down the content once it expires. Without this date filled, the content will fail QA.

OVI store right now do not have any mechanism to recall content that has expired certificate before the above rule is enforced. Therefore it's every publisher's responsibility to monitor their own application. If the cert expires, please pull it down and upload a new signed version.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you,
    oviJude
    OVI Publisher Support

I observed significant decrease in the sales for all of my submitted apps, starting from early December.
    Even Christmas period did not change this.
    Did any of you observe this?

I wish Happy New Year to All!

Thumbs down Re: Sales reports

same here, 0 sales from beginning of dec. this makes no sense as we've had
    an average of ~5 per day for 3 apps and we've actually uploaded 6 more during that time.

anyone from ovi can comment if its again the report system issue or a real drop in users downloads?
    regards,
    --tzurs

reporting shows 0 sales from the start of Jan 2010

I have two apps on OVI and since publishing in November and December I have not had a day without any sales, but since the start of 2010, my sales reports are showing two days with no sales for either app.

Is this really whats happening or a problem with the reporting?

Any other publishers have the same problem?

http://bmicalc.blogspot.com/
    http://s60bluetoothremote.blogspot.com/

Re: reporting shows 0 sales from the start of Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by jscurtis View Post
    Is this really whats happening or a problem with the reporting?
    Any other publishers have the same problem?
    http://bmicalc.blogspot.com/
    http://s60bluetoothremote.blogspot.com/
    I'm having the same problem: no sales are shown in January reports. It must be a bug with their reporting system.

Re: reporting shows 0 sales from the start of Jan 2010

Quote Originally Posted by mstream View Post
    I'm having the same problem: no sales are shown in January reports. It must be a bug with their reporting system.
    yeah me too - no sales for the entire year! (so far) Can only be a bug!
    Andy Storer
    | m o d i f i e d |

www.smartgrooves.com