Discussion Board

Thread: Sales reports

Hybrid View

Sales reports

Have the sales reports updated over the past couple of days? Sept 23 - 24 We have been seeing sales everyday for the past month or so up until yesterday and I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the reports aren't updating. Maybe we haven't sold anything but our sales level has been picking up so I'm hoping something isn't working with the reports...

Regular Contributor

Re: Sales reports

Hi zoovision.

We have experienced exactly the same the last couple of days. I hope, as you, that it is just a delay in the sales reports.

Regards,

Henrik Weide, Progressive Media.

Regular Contributor

Same, same.
    Thanks for this, I thought our sales had dropped to zero.
    Spol

Regular Contributor

Come to think of it, it might actually have something to do with Ovi devs implementing the re-download feature these days - obviously that would require a destinction between whether a download should be issued in basis of a passed payment or not, and so forth. This could mean that they need to suspend sales reporting because of this modification.

Just a guess...

Regards,

Still no reports, my last sales figures are from 21st! Tomorrow the frontpage will show 100% drop in sales, which is kinda scary... I was already enjoying some 70% drop compared to August after the search problems hit me again...

Implementing download is not a excuse for this, if anything it raises suspicious questions if the sales figures are (ever) correct!

In future, I'll implement some sort of "call home" functionality (IMEI based perhaps), so that I can keep track of new sales myself.

Same here. Zero sales have been reported every day for the last 6 days.

Please will someone from Nokia explain what is going on.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please try again in a couple of days.

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by OviStewey View Post
    Hi

Please try again in a couple of days.

Thank you
    Is that it?
    Any chance you could let us know why we have had no sales reports for the past six days.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

The purchases have not been updated as R & D is addressing issues with data flow. They are looking at a fix within the next few days, possibly sooner.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the information.

Best Regards,

Hi

The purchases have not been updated as R & D is addressing issues with data flow. They are looking at a fix within the next few days, possibly sooner.

Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Hi

Thank you.
    Thanks Stewey.

Smile Re: Sales reports

I guess I just want to push some steam out of my system.
    the ovi store is by far the worst I've seen in terms of the way it works for both users and customers.
    the reports not showing for days is just a symptom I think, the whole infrastructure below seems bad and non functional.
    examples?
    we've tried to change the price on our products, this was I think two weeks ago, the price change action turned out to put our products into
    pending QA (!@$#$), not sure for what reason. no update has since been made in our account to reflect the price change, and we are still in pending QA status. however, it seems that the products are on sale (for the old price). I'm saying seem because the only way to get to our products is by searching (not ovi search, GOOGLE search). our products have been on sale for over a month but they cannot be found in any way in the ovi store search, not through the product name, not the company name and not any other term you can think of.
    moving on, the support, we've tried emailing the ovi team many many times, sometimes we even got a reply, not that it was helpful, it always seems like a reply from someone that is not a real part of the technical team, "I'm looking into your question", most of our questions are very very simple (because we've learned that the simple things you have in other catalogs simply don't work here),
    in any case, with many many years of publishing in mobile portals, including the infamous AppStore from apple, we've never experience such issues,
    I don't think ovi is ready for the market and the time frames they work in are simply unacceptable.

As i said, had to get some steam out of my system,
    :-)
    --tzurs

All, Sorry for the delay getting back to this thread. Here's the update on the Ovi Publish reports. The rendering of paid content metrics in Ovi Publisher Paid Content reports UI are currently behind schedule. Metrics for paid content may show a lag of up to 8 days. The reporting data itself is not affected. Only the updating of the reports UI is impacted. Metrics for unpaid content are unaffected and are up to date.

A fix is currently being fast-tracked and I'll post another update here as soon as the paid content metrics are up to date. If you have any further questions as always, please contact Ovi Publish Support at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

We appreciate your patience and regret any inconvenience this issue may cause you. More later - Eric

Hello,

On my account in Ovi, Sales have dropped to zero on 10-05-2011, Normally we sell 27 apps a day, can anyone at Nokia please confirm if this is an issue with the reporting?
    This is very urgent

dananos'