Discussion Board

Urgent!! Can any1 tell me how to start building an application on Nokia 7650

hi all,

I'm new to this group. Can any1 tell how do i start on for building some financial application on to Nokia 7650
    I think the 1st thing is installing 'PC Suite' software with came with Nokia 7650 CD
    After that may be installing jdk for java development J2ME or Borland C++ builder.
    Start building the application just as making a normal PC application.
    Later if everything tested fine, port it to Nokia 7650 ??

Pl. corrent me if I'm wrong somewhere .....

Do i need Sybian OS to be installed anywhere ??

Also suggest what would be the better option to start building the application, Borland C++ Builder or J2ME or something else ????

Thanks in anticipation,

Nilay

Super Contributor
    I think you have posted to the wrong discussion group. If you want to develop applications in J2ME, please post your questions into the Java section.

For your information, if you want to build a J2ME application, you may need to download the following software (or you can get them through whatever means).

1) Download Jbuilder from Borland website (its personal edition is free)

2) Download Mobileset 2/3 from its Borland website as well.

3) You may need to download Nokia Series 60 MIDP Concept SDK from Forum Nokia website for Series 60 J2ME development

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/1,35...ml&fileID=2845

Now, basically you have everything, and you can start to write your J2ME application.

Hopefully, this helps!

Liuxg

FN developer support