Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

No gcce targets when starting Qt Gui project in Carbide...

Hi,

I'm trying out the Qt for S60 (tower) prerelease, and managed to get a basic app running in the emulator.
    When i wanted to switch to the phone however, i found that the gcce targets seem to be missing...

So i tried creating a new Qt Gui project, and it seems the gcce targets are not offered by Carbide upon
    project creation. When creating a Symbian C++ Gui project, the gcce targets are available as expected...

Am i missing a step somewhere, did i do something wrong while installing the Qt SDK?

Regards,
    Mark.

Edit:
    I'm using the N97 5th edition SDK

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: No gcce targets when starting Qt Gui project in Carbide...

Quote Originally Posted by hurenkam View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying out the Qt for S60 (tower) prerelease, and managed to get a basic app running in the emulator.
    When i wanted to switch to the phone however, i found that the gcce targets seem to be missing...

So i tried creating a new Qt Gui project, and it seems the gcce targets are not offered by Carbide upon
    project creation. When creating a Symbian C++ Gui project, the gcce targets are available as expected...

Am i missing a step somewhere, did i do something wrong while installing the Qt SDK?

Regards,
    Mark.

Edit:
    I'm using the N97 5th edition SDK
    Have you installed the CSL toolchain (GCCE)?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Have you installed the CSL toolchain (GCCE)?
    Hi Neil, thanks for your reply, I am able to create normal Symbian C++ applications for the phone, i assume that means the gcce toolchain is properly installed...
    Are there extra configuration steps/tools needed to get this toolchain to work with Qt Gui projects?

Mark.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by hurenkam View Post
    Hi Neil, thanks for your reply, I am able to create normal Symbian C++ applications for the phone, i assume that means the gcce toolchain is properly installed...
    Are there extra configuration steps/tools needed to get this toolchain to work with Qt Gui projects?

Mark.
    Yes I was hinting of that above. I just checked that GCCE is available to me when I try to create my new QT GUI project, and I dont remember doing anything special when installing. Did you follow the installation steps described in the Wiki?(pretty straight steps). you could probably describe what you installed so that somebody with more experience in QT than me can pinpoint what you might have missed.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Yes I was hinting of that above. I just checked that GCCE is available to me when I try to create my new QT GUI project, and I dont remember doing anything special when installing. Did you follow the installation steps described in the Wiki?(pretty straight steps). you could probably describe what you installed so that somebody with more experience in QT than me can pinpoint what you might have missed.
    Hmmm... I've tried again, but now unselected the 'ignore unsupported sdks' option. The gcce target is now available, and i can select it. An error message is shown upon creation of the project....
    However, i can build a gcce target, generate a sis file, and the sis seems to work as expected...
    Weird carbide behavior...

Mark.

This is exactly the case for us too. We have tried it on two different computers and both of them leave out the gcce option in Carbide, both when importing .pro files and when creating a new Qt project.

The only way of enabling gcce is to un-check the "Filter templates based on enabled SDKs". If we un-check this when importing or creating projects everything seems to work. Building on commandline with "make release-gcce" always works as well so this seems to be some step that is necessary in Carbide to make it understand that it can build Qt with gcce?

Super Contributor

Facing same issue. Earlier it was working fine, but after reinstalling OS (on my machine) and SDks, i never able to select GCCE option. Every time i need to uncheck Filter SDKs based on selected templates. However i am facing this issue in creating project for Qt for symbian only, For creating symbian project everything works fine.

Hi
    i have the same problem, i see this link http://lizardo.wordpress.com/2009/09...-git-on-linux/

He say GCCE don't support Qt however, is posible, and teach who do in Linux.

In the "C:\Qt\4.5.2-tower\readme" file say see this http://www3.symbian.com/faq.nsf/0/B8...2573DA0011DFA7

But i use Windows and not understand how do found.

Note: i'm from Argentina, sorry by my english.