Discussion Board

Unhappy [moved] "ArrowKeys" with Sensor API in documentation don't function in my S60v3 FP2

Hi all, I downloaded the example in the documentation (ArrowKeys) for Sensor API but when I start the application in my Nokia N85 (S60v3 FP2) is given an error.

Unhandled exception:

No Class Def Found Error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    javax.microedition.sensor.DataListener

What is the solution?

Thanks

Re: Example "ArrowKeys" with Sensor API in documentation don't function in my S60v3 F

Also waiting for answers in puffo83's post. I tried to put in more exception handlers but still experienced the same Unhandled exception message.

Super Contributor

Re: Example "ArrowKeys" with Sensor API in documentation don't function in my S60v3 F

The code won't work on 3rd Edition devices, as the Sensor API is not supported until Series 60 5th Edition. Note that the Sensor API is also not supported by default on 5800XM.

Graham.

Re: [moved] "ArrowKeys" with Sensor API in documentation don't function in my S60v3 F

That clarifies things and I appreciate it Graham. Would you know where to get the older j2me sensor API's that supports the S60 3rd FP1? or probably sample implementations in J2ME using the Sensor FW which I believe is C++?
    Last edited by wham_10mbps; 2010-04-29 at 10:22.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: [moved] "ArrowKeys" with Sensor API in documentation don't function in my S60v3 F

you can't.

Nokia Developer Expert

Mobile Sensor API was first included in with Java Runtime 1.4 for S60, which is supported in a number of S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 2 and later devices. The Java Runtime version can be checked by using the following System Property:

System.getProperty("microedition.platform");

In terms of actual devices, at least E55 and E72 support the API.

More about in Forum Nokia Java Developer's Library:

Java Developer's Library 3.5 > Developer's Guides > Data handling > Mobile sensors

Some of the devices (including E55 and E72) are online for testing in Forum Nokia's Remote Device Access (a service free of charge) in case you want to check the support scope of the API:

Home > Technology Topics > Application Quality > Testing > Remote Device Access
    Remote Device Access Services

Regards,
    r2j7
    Last edited by r2j7; 2010-05-06 at 22:52. Reason: yes ;)
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]