Discussion Board

Issue with RDA device because of Mail for Exchange

Dear Sir,

I am having very strange problem with RDA access. Last Sunday 26-Sept-2009, I was accessing Nokia devices via RDA.
    I tried configuring Mail for Exchange account on one device(I dont remember exactly but I think it was Eseies, E55/52).

In settings my login credentials were incorrecly put and my session got timed-out. Now what is happening is that device is trying to connect again and again to Exchange server and thus locking account. As per security policy , 5 unsucessfull attempts, it locks account.

Now I tried to go in RDA and check devices which I might have used, I could not find any device which was having MFE configured with my details.

Hence I request your help in getting log of devices which I used via RDA on 26-Sept-2009 and help me removing MFE details.

This issue is very urgent as its locking my office account periodically. Please help me in fixing this.

My email id is suyog@ovi.com

Best Regards,
    Suyog

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Issue with RDA device because of Mail for Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by suyogmh View Post
    Dear Sir,

I am having very strange problem with RDA access. Last Sunday 26-Sept-2009, I was accessing Nokia devices via RDA.
    I tried configuring Mail for Exchange account on one device(I dont remember exactly but I think it was Eseies, E55/52).

In settings my login credentials were incorrecly put and my session got timed-out. Now what is happening is that device is trying to connect again and again to Exchange server and thus locking account. As per security policy , 5 unsucessfull attempts, it locks account.

Now I tried to go in RDA and check devices which I might have used, I could not find any device which was having MFE configured with my details.

Hence I request your help in getting log of devices which I used via RDA on 26-Sept-2009 and help me removing MFE details.

This issue is very urgent as its locking my office account periodically. Please help me in fixing this.

My email id is suyog@ovi.com

Best Regards,
    Suyog
    Try posting in http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...109835&page=19 for the right persons to see your issue and help you.

Nokia Developer Moderator

No worries, the device has been cleaned up by now. But for future if there are cases like this, it would be preferable to contact the support email address that's listed on RDA site (that way I get the message directly). Or at least under this Forum: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...play.php?f=166

Quote Originally Posted by bloodredsky View Post
    No worries, the device has been cleaned up by now. But for future if there are cases like this, it would be preferable to contact the support email address that's listed on RDA site (that way I get the message directly). Or at least under this Forum: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...play.php?f=166
    @bloodredsky, I am still facing the issue and Our Network team says that some mobile device is trying connection.
    I am not sure how to track exact details. :-(
    Could you please let me know support email id? I have sent email via contact us link.

Hi, This problem is resolved, Many Thanks for all your help.

Quote Originally Posted by suyogmh View Post
    @bloodredsky, I am still facing the issue and Our Network team says that some mobile device is trying connection.
    I am not sure how to track exact details. :-(
    Could you please let me know support email id? I have sent email via contact us link.