Discussion Board

Hybrid View

How to publish Theme to Ovi Publisher?

Hi,
    I just registered in ovi publisher. I would like to publish theme for S40(nth file) to ovi store, but there is no "theme" selection in my contect type.
    After checked the Q&A, it said I should get "premium status" to publish theme. Here are my questions:
    1. I can't find "request premium status" link in my support tab, is there any other way i can apply for it?
    2. I carefulessly changed my account role from CP_manager to CP_developer, is there anyway i can change it back?

Thanks in adv.

Regular Contributor

Re: How to publish Theme to Ovi Publisher?

Quote Originally Posted by millieian View Post
    Hi,
    I just registered in ovi publisher. I would like to publish theme for S40(nth file) to ovi store, but there is no "theme" selection in my contect type.
    After checked the Q&A, it said I should get "premium status" to publish theme. Here are my questions:
    1. I can't find "request premium status" link in my support tab, is there any other way i can apply for it?
    2. I carefulessly changed my account role from CP_manager to CP_developer, is there anyway i can change it back?

Thanks in adv.

Hello
    I've also tried to get the premium publisher status, but after a months of trying I got note that Ovi doesn't accept new premium members anymore. No money back as well. So it might be the answer for you too.

Cheers.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Suggest you write publishtoovi.business@nokia.com

One would need to justify that their personalization content is either unique and/or specific to a particular country or region.

Thank you

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by OviStewey View Post
    Hi

Suggest you write publishtoovi.business@nokia.com

One would need to justify that their personalization content is either unique and/or specific to a particular country or region.

Thank you

I don't get it. Last time I was wondering about my premium status, it was told to me that Ovi doesn't accept new premium publisher anymore. Should I try again or what?

Hi, it's stupid to restrict developers from publishing theme contents. Does anyone know why OVI allows theme to premium members????????

Super Contributor

As far as I know, Nokia wants theme (and ringtone) publishers to have copyright insurance to prevent Nokia being charged for illegal redistribution of copyrighted content. Small/indivudual developers might always not even realize that they can't, e.g., make a Simpsons theme without permission from FOX, etc. Bigger publishers usually have the right contracts/agreement in place with content/copyrights holders + the required insurance as well.

Without such insurance Nokia would have to know/check every uploaded theme and ringtone for possible copyright infringement more or less everywhere in the world, and that's probably not something Nokia wants to spend time and money on.

Such insurance is probably rather costly, and too much for small or individual developers to afford.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    As far as I know, Nokia wants theme (and ringtone) publishers to have copyright insurance to prevent Nokia being charged for illegal redistribution of copyrighted content. Small/indivudual developers might always not even realize that they can't, e.g., make a Simpsons theme without permission from FOX, etc. Bigger publishers usually have the right contracts/agreement in place with content/copyrights holders + the required insurance as well.

Without such insurance Nokia would have to know/check every uploaded theme and ringtone for possible copyright infringement more or less everywhere in the world, and that's probably not something Nokia wants to spend time and money on.

Such insurance is probably rather costly, and too much for small or individual developers to afford.
    This is correct. The liability insurance document is to protect Nokia and the company from the copyright issue as ringtone, theme and wallpaper contents are the ones that have the most copyright issues in history. Therefore these policies have been set in place to insure the publisher against most types of potential libaility that may arise.

Sincerely,
    OviAndrew

Ovi Publisher Support
    http://publish.ovi.com/ [^]

Promote your Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/omt [^]

Stuartcvl

Publishers don't need insurance if they own the copyright. The problem with this is Nokia are missing the fact that the majority of themes, ringtones etc the person making it will 99 times out of a hundred own the copyright as once it is recorded or designed and saved in a known format that is the copyright owner covered unless he sells his content on. That is standard international copyright law which most countries are signed up to, if someone makes a theme that they own the copyright to or I create an Ozzy Osbourne ringtone as an impression then Nokia would have no comeback whatsoever. International copyright agreements are there for a reason and although Nokia should of course cover itself, it should do so without constricting content creation that is fully owned by a developer, that is what QA processes are for.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

QA process is to determine if the content works properly on the device and is not used to determine if the IP is properly owned.

General Liability Insurance is required for publishers who are interested to publish personalization content. Publishers who carry insurance are companies that practice good corporate responsibility..as they protect themselves from any possibly liability as well as protecting their partners who they do business with..