Discussion Board

Exclamation Alternate Line Service on Nokia N900/Maemo

Most Nokia mobile phones support the CPHS-feature "Alternate Line Service".
    However, I cannot find any information if the new Nokia N900 Maemo phone supports this service as well. Unfortunately, Nokia support was not very helpful... (since they obviously do not know either).
    Does anyone here has a two-line simcard (e.g. Orange, Rogers, Eplus, A1, One...) in use and can confirm whether it works or not?
    Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Alternate Line Service on Nokia N900/Maemo

When you say "Nokia support was not very helpful... (since they obviously do not know either)." on a forum titled "Feedback on Forum Nokia Services" are you talking about Forum Nokia's Technical Support service or about Nokia Care, the product support service which is in no way connected to Forum Nokia? If you have used the Forum Nokia service then we can take this as valid feedback (we should know that, right?) so please provide the support case number or better yet, reply to the last notification email received on the case.

If that is not the case, and as N900 is not yet commercially available, I can't really imagine what kind of help you expect and from where ... My tip: There is a Maemo Summit currently under way in Amsterdam and some 300 developers have now access to N900 devices. Why don't you tap into that resource, e.g. via Twitter
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: Alternate Line Service on Nokia N900/Maemo

Yeah thanks for the hint I'm trying to get in touch with one of the early adopters - however, the second-line menus are only available with simcards of networks which support this service.
    Therefore, It might be difficult to get in touch with one of those user who have ALS-capable simcards in particular. Anyways, I'll try my luck :-)