Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

n97 inbuilt applicatin accessing internet (GPRS) in background

Hello,

I just got N97. I put my sim card in it. But it is so strange that i did not install any thing in it yet it is accesing internet background. I can see the symbol which is for GPRS or internet. It is cutting money from sim card. I hope some one will suggest some things to save my money. I closes all application but yet. Even i did not configure any facebook or any account. Yet it is doing it.

Regular Contributor

Re: n97 inbuilt applicatin accessing internet (GPRS) in background

Quote Originally Posted by honest_success View Post
    Hello,

I just got N97. I put my sim card in it. But it is so strange that i did not install any thing in it yet it is accesing internet background. I can see the symbol which is for GPRS or internet. It is cutting money from sim card. I hope some one will suggest some things to save my money. I closes all application but yet. Even i did not configure any facebook or any account. Yet it is doing it.
    hi..honest-success
    i think you will get more appropriate answer on

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com

nayan trivedi.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: n97 inbuilt applicatin accessing internet (GPRS) in background

There are many applications requiring internet connection on a smartphone, you should try your best to get a minimal data plan in order to use the N97 to its full value.

Among the main suspects for the data traffic you are seeing are the home screen widgets. On firs boot you are asked if you want to allow internet connection of them, which you probably answered with Yes. Just go to the Options menu in the home screen and switch it to offline mode.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite